So this is goodbye?

He had to swallow and was uncomfortably shifting from one foot to the other as they put the blood on her. They said something to her that he couldn't understand which made her laugh, but he could hear from the sound of it that she didn't really find it that funny. Very likely she hadn't even been listening properly, but was gone somewhere far away in her mind, a place that helped her find whatever it feels like to die, to say goodbye to life and any hope for a better future.

„She's gonna be alright", he heard Matthew whisper next to him, who played her love interest Scooter.

Somewhat perplexed he turned to look at him. Without having to ask the question, Matthew shrugged with a smile. „I'm sorry, but I, uh... I walked past her dressing room the other day and... I didn't spy, I swear!! But, I happened to hear some things and... saw some things."

„Oh...", he blushed instantly and averted his gaze to the floor, „I see. Well then, there's probably no use in me trying to deny it?"

„Guess not. And why would you? Good for you, dude, Lana's amazing! You're lucky! She's such an incredible human being. And an incredible kisser, that much I know. And I do think you guys make a great couple, you fit really well together."

„Because I'm also a good kisser?", Jordane asked with a smirk, Matthew laughed.

Then their director yelled: „Alright, everybody ready? Lana? Allison? Let's do this, sending Rita straight to heaven, take one!"

Shortly before they called ‚Action!' she turned around once more to look at him, just for a split second. He smiled, letting her know that he was here, he was there for her and everything would be alright.

***

The cheers and applause that were going around the room seemed to be never ending. She herself looked overwhelmed with emotions after she had shot her final scene as Rita Castillo, and as far as acting was concerned, keeping a straight face while seeing her cry was very likely the toughest part he had ever had to play.

Eventually, slowly but surely, the crowd dispersed, most of the crew going back to work or cleaning the blood off the floor, there were still more scenes to be shot after all. A few of the cast stayed surrounding her, among them Matthew, BK, Virginia Williams who played Grace, one of Rita's friends from the garden club, as well as him, of course, and two of her dressers, waiting to help her out of her blood soaked clothes, one of them was wiping off the blood from her face.

Lana was fanning herself to dry her tears, sniffing: „Thank you, guys... You're all so sweet! I had such a great time getting to know all of you and working with you all."

Virginia, always cheerful and beaming smiles, on-camera as well as off-, looked around, then she couldn't keep it in anymore. „Oh, for God's sake, Jordane, your girl is shaking and in tears, please do something! No need for restraint anymore, let's all just stop pretending there's nothing going on here alright?"

Laughing, she pulled him towards her and almost pushed her into his arms before they even had a chance to realize what was going on here.

Instinctively though, he immediately pulled her closer with a sigh of relief, not giving a single damn about the fake blood that was all over her – and thus now also all over his – costume, and she seemed to instantly break down in his warm embrace, as if she had been barely holding it together and now finally allowed herself to let go.

He put his lips against her forehead, stroked her hair and her back and rocked her gently in his arms. „Shhh, baby... it's okay. You were amazing! Everything was perfect. You did so well. You made it. Don't cry, I'm here. I hold you. It's alright."