Why don't you take him with you to Hawaii?

„You did WHAT?!", one of her best friends Antoinette, or Twan, for short, couldn't believe what Lana had just told them, „You dumped him?"

„I didn't ‚dump' him! We ended our affair in mutual agreement. As is customary for on set affairs: when the project is over, you go your separate ways. He knows that, I know that. We knew it from the very beginning. Otherwise it just weirdly and awkwardly drags on while each partner is off to new horizons and it gets really tough to end things later. "

„But not if you're as crazy about each other as you guys! I mean... not that I know much about it because you didn't bother to ever tell me the details in the past few weeks, but according to what I got to hear from Trish..."

Trish, sitting opposite of them in one of Lana's comfy armchairs, nodded in agreement.

Twan added: „Thinking about it, I'm not even sure you deserve the heartbreak ice cream, you brought this onto yourself! You deserve a cold shower and a good shake to bring you back to your senses."

„Excuse me!", Lana objected, her mouth full of Rocky Road that she was spooning directly from the tub.

Her two best friends had gathered at her place tonight for their traditional ‚You don't need that guy, get over him' ceremony that, whenever one of them was going through a fresh breakup, would involve a lot of soul searching, wine and of course, ice cream.

„Even if we resolved this connection consciously and willingly, I can still be heartbroken, so..." She moved to the other side of the couch with her tub of ice cream to make sure it was out of reach for her friends and they couldn't just snag it away from her.

„So this is it?", asked Trish, „I mean... you're done with each other? You haven't seen each other, called, texted..."

She shook her head. „Nope. None of that. Last time we spoke and saw each other was on set on the last day of filming."

„And... how do you feel about that?"

„Well, as I said, it sucks! It's hard. We've spent a lot of time together, while we were together. And now, going cold turkey like that is tough. I'll need some time to get over it, him too, I would guess. But we'll get over it. And in the end, that's part of the beauty of it, no? It was so special, and nice, and fun while it lasted, but we managed to end it before it could get stale or difficult, or too intense such that someone might get seriously hurt. It sucks now, but very soon it will be a memory we'll be grateful for. It was a really amazing time that I don't want to miss, but it's over now", then her eyes widened and she almost dropped her spoon as she came to a realization, „Oh my God, no!"

„What's wrong?"

„I just realized, Leo... Glovibes and I are going to release our song soon that's called ‚It's Over Now'! What if Jordane thinks it's about him?"

Twan asked: „Well, is it? Did he cheat on you and lie to you?"

„No, of course not! Never. At least, as far as I know. Plus, we recorded it way before I even knew him."

„Well then, so what?"

„I just... I don't want him to think that I think he was being unfaithful. I'm sure that would break his heart."

„Good for him then that it's already broken. You know, Lanushka, there's a very simple way to solve this: call him and tell him. And while you're at it, invite him to go to Hawaii with you."

Lana cocked her head and looked at her friend as if she had completely lost her mind for good. „Very funny!"

„I'm dead serious."