Don't you have something to say to Lana?

[A/N: So, this kind of isn't a full chapter, but the chapter I actually wanted to write got longer and longer, and also I'm a bit busy right now, so I can't write a lot, so I decided to cut this chapter in two. That means that this one doesn't really have a proper ending, but the second part should follow, hopefully, soon 🤞]

----------------------------------

They finally bothered to put on some clothes before heading downstairs where she kept the picture from the ultrasound in her purse. Jordane sat down on the sofa with a beating heart and an uber excited grin as she took it out of her wallet and brought it over, sitting down next to him, but just to be half pulled onto his lap and into his arms right away. Eagerly he took the photo from her like a precious treasure and looked at it, admiring every pixel with gleaming eyes.

„You see?", she pointed at the little white dot, „There it is. That is..."

„... our baby", he whispered, still in disbelief.

„Yeah... or... what will soon turn into our baby. For now it's probably not much more than a cell cluster, but..."

„How was it?", he looked at her – still happy, but also a little bit sad now, „The ultrasound?"

„Oh, it was okay. It was just a very short one to confirm the pregnancy. The doctor said that the first proper ultrasound should happen next month. We'll also be able to hear the baby's heartbeat by then."

She could see in his eyes how relieved he was that apparently he hadn't missed any major milestone of this incredible journey. She placed a hand against his cheek and smiled. „Would you like to come with me to the next ultrasound?"

He nodded eagerly. „Of course! Whatever it takes, I'll be there!"

„I wouldn't have expected otherwise", she replied before giving him a gentle kiss, then she put the picture down on the table, took his hands and placed them back on her flat stomach together with hers before resting her head against his shoulder.

„It feels good, you know... to have your hands there. It feels warm and... fuzzy somehow. I mean, to think that like that your hands are barely inches away from your baby..."

He kissed her shoulder and had to close his eyes for a moment as he chuckled. „Stop, you're going to make me cry again... I won't ever take my hands too far away from the both of you ever again, you know, I hope that much is clear? I still can't really believe this, it's all too overwhelming..."

„And I almost can't believe that you're really that happy? Are you really okay with this?"

„Well, to be honest, baby, if I absolutely didn't want to risk you getting pregnant, I wouldn't have slept with you without using protection for months, would I? I always knew it could happen, even if the chances were small. And yes... maybe I shouldn't be so easy on you after everything that happened, maybe I should be more upset, still, maybe I don't have any more reason to start trusting you again right away. But I can't help it. I'm just too happy!", he smiled, then took a sigh, „I mean, in the end I wouldn't know either way whether you just want to get back with me because we're having a baby or..."

„I don't, Jordane!", she interrupted him, „That's exactly why I didn't tell you before. I wanted to make sure that you choose me, for me, you know? If you had wanted to leave, yesterday, if you needed more time or even if it had been a clear No on your side, I would have told you then because either way you're the father and you deserve to know. But I didn't want that to be the foundation of our relationship because that wouldn't work. I love you, I want to be with you! And unless you love me and want to be with me too, we wouldn't have a future. But yes...", she locked her fingers with his, looking down at their hands still resting on her belly, which was a weird feeling since she was usually quite self-conscious of being touched there, like most women were, „I understand what you mean. And you'd have every right to still be upset or not trust me, but all I can tell you is that this baby is precisely what I meant when I said I'm sure I won't want to break up with you again in a couple of months. Because the fact that I'm too old to give you a family... well", she allowed herself a little smile, „that argument doesn't count anymore now, does it? That is, of course, unless I..."