Chapter 51

Chapter 51

"Hello?" Niall spoke. He put the phone on speaker so that I could hear. 

"Hello Niall," the voice on the other line said. I didn't recognize it, but it was definitely British. "Have you seen all the rumors on twitter?"

Niall rolled his eyes. "Yes," he said. 

"How are things with you and Alyssa? Are you still together?" The voice asked. They weren't looking for small talk. Niall looked at me, as if asking for a confirmation. 

I almost laughed as I nodded my head. An argument wasn't enough to split us up. 

"We are indeed still together," he responded.

"So what's going on with that girl in the picture?" 

Niall's shoulders hunched, as if he was getting a confrontation from his parents. He didn't even need to ask which picture they were talking about. 

"I'm not kissing that girl and I have never been with her. It's all rumors," he decided on saying. I nodded my head in approval. 

There was a pause on the other end, as if they were writing something down or talking briefly with other people in the room. 

"We have discussed it and decided that it would be best if you were seen again in public with the girl, just so that there is less attention on Alyssa." My eyebrows lowered in anger and I could feel my heartbeat pick up faster. 

"But there is absolutely no attention on Alyssa as is," Niall objected. "I don't see why this is necessary."

That's right Niall. You better stand up for me.

"But this just saves us from slip ups in the future, too," they said. "Everybody already thinks that you're already dating that other girl, so this would just ensure that Alyssa is kept a secret."

"I assure you that there will be no slip ups," Niall responded. "There hasn't been any up until now." Niall's cheeks were starting to turn red. 

"Just take the girl out somewhere once and get photographed, and then you will never have to see her again."

"Yeah, until I leave the hotel and somebody sees me," I said under my breath. 

"Is there any other option? We don't feel comfortable with this," Niall asked as a last resort. 

"I'm sorry, but you don't have any other choice," the voice on the other end said. 

Niall's hands started to turn red as the grip on his phone tightened. His mouth was sealed shut and there was anger in his eyes. 

He started to shake his head as he leaned back in his seat. I looked at my hands in my lap and cracked my jaw. 

"By the end of the week, Niall," they said, and then there was a beep signifying the end of the call. Niall breathed a deep sigh, and I bit my cheek to try and stop myself from crying, but it was no use. 

"I can't stand her," I said softly with nothing but anger. "Why does this have to happen now?" I looked at Niall. As if we didn't have enough to worry about.

"I'm so sorry," Niall said. "You know I don't want to do this. I don't have a choice"

"You can do it, but I can't watch right now." I said, getting up and walking towards the elevator. Niall got up and started to walk after me. 

I felt my eyes start to well up with tears of anger. 

"Is there any way that you can just try and get along with her?" Niall asked. "I know that you don't want to, but if I have to be forced into spending time with her, I at least need your support."