Chapter 99

Chapter 99

My mom and Rob got settled in a different hotel room just down the hall from us and I let them get themselves organized. 

Niall made dinner reservations for all of us tonight at one of his favorite local restaurants. Just because I was unfamiliar with the area didn't mean that he wasn't.

When Niall was showering, the hotel phone rang. 

I was always apprehensive about answering phone calls that weren't directly made to me because I was always paranoid they would be from a crazed stalker fan or an important message from management meant for Niall. 

It was just the hotel room phone though, so I put Owen down on the blanket and picked up the phone. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello, is this Alyssa Horan in room 908?" A woman's voice on the other end asked. 

I felt myself blush with excitement as they said 'Alyssa Horan'. It happened more often with hotel reservations and similar things just so nobody asked questions, but it still made me feel so happy. 

"This is she," I responded. 

"I am calling to confirm your private dinner reservation tonight at seven for eleven people," they said.

"What?" I said. "I thought there were only going to be five of us tonight."

There was a pause on the other end and I could hear a pencil scribbling something down on the other end. 

"My apologies, Miss Horan, I have eleven guests written down here," she added gently. "I can change it to five if you'd like."

"No, it's fine," I interrupted. "Might as well keep it that way if that's the way it was made." There was still something fishy about the situation, but I didn't need Niall getting frustrated if I changed it. 

"Thank you, and we will see you tonight," she said. I said my goodbye and hung up. 

The more I thought about it, Niall had been acting kind of weird lately. It was probably just last-show jitters. It had to be difficult to know tomorrow's show would likely be his last as a band. 

After Niall got out of the shower, we switched, and it was my turn to get ready.

I washed up, did my make up, and searched through my messy luggage for something to wear. 

Traveling multiple times a week really took its toll on my wardrobe. In fact, I was surprised that I hadn't lost more things than I did. I had bigger problems.

At least the rooms always had an iron for all the wrinkled clothes.  

Wrapped in a towel, I fished through the suitcases to find a dress to wear. 

I came across something that I forgot I packed. It was the dress I wore the first time I met Niall at the party. The same dress mentioned in 'Night Changes'. 

I couldn't help but start smiling when I came across it. I lifted it out of the suitcase and held it up to my chest. There was no way it would fit post-baby, and I knew how much my mom hated it. 

But it was still funny to see that I packed it. There are some things that I'll just never be able to let go of. 

I called Niall inside the room and showed him. He thought it was just as funny as me. 

"I'll never forget the first time I met you," he said, sitting down next to me. "You were wearing that little dress and you had this spark about you. There was just something about you that I couldn't get enough of."