Chapter 31

Chapter 31

My mom and I watched the One Direction Christmas special on the way to Ireland. I thought it was hilarious, she just watched. 

If I wasn't dating Niall, then she probably wouldn't want to watch it. But I was, so she did. I had to kind of force her to, and even if she didn't want to admit it, I know she loved it.

Some of the parts filmed before we were dating, so it was funny looking back at what he was like before we had met, but he wasn't that different in front of the camera than with me. That was one of my favorite things about him. He was always crazy, and didn't let the camera change him.

There was the part in Orlando when he was working at the candy shop, and I watched intently to see if I had made any part. Luckily, I didn't, and I was relieved. I thought of how weird it would be if there was a random pregnant girl in it.

My favorite part was at the end when they showed clips of them recording Four. I knew Niall stripped down to record, but I had never seen him do it in person. Lucky for everybody, we got to see it on a screen. 

I had to tell my mom to close her eyes. 

Some girlfriends may not want their boyfriend stripping for the world to see (multiple times, I may add) but I honestly didn't care. It made people happy, and that made me happy. Of course, maybe I was a bit uncomfortable, but it made me laugh. 

It was just part of Niall's personality. 

I sent Niall a text to let him know that I had seen it. 

I loved watching the performances, and seeing how happy he made the fans. One Direction just made people so happy. 

When we landed, Niall came to pick us up. We had invited my mom to stay in Niall's apartment with us, but she insisted on getting a hotel room. She said that it was our Christmas together, and that she wanted us to enjoy it by ourselves.

We would be able to pick her up and bring her to Niall's mom's house for Christmas day. I was excited that she would finally get to meet Niall's family and vice versa, because it meant that we were becoming more of a family.

It was Christmas Eve, and I was in the Christmas spirit. Niall's apartment wasn't as decorated for Christmas as the apartment in New York, but he did have a small Christmas tree, and that was enough for me.

"Can we make cookies?" I asked eagerly.

"I don't know if I have the ingredients, I haven't been home. But I can run to the store if that's what you'd like," he said.

"Well we might as well just get the stick-em-in-the-oven kind, then," I said, opening his fridge. He didn't have any eggs, and I doubted he had flour or anything.

I wanted to make things as Christmasy as possible, so Niall went to go get stuff to make cookies.

I always made cookies around Christmas time. Cookies were just great.

"You know, I think Chef Horan is going to be a thing," he announced when he got back. I held  the door open for him as he carried in the bags. 

We made the batter and then rolled them into balls. Niall stood behind me, "helping me", but he really just wanted to be close to me and touch hands. He was smooth af.

I had a new obsession with using the term 'af'. I don't even know where it came from. But I did make a mental note to tweet that Niall is daddy af.

We put the cookies in the oven and made hot chocolate, picked out a movie, put on our pajamas, and then had a Christmas eve celebration. I was far from tired because of the jet lag, and Niall wanted to stay up with me.