Chapter 91

Chapter 91

As much as I loved traveling, there was no place like home. Especially when you're by yourself with your six month old son. 

We kept a pretty low profile for the rest of the summer. 

It seems like a long time to do nothing, but it went by really fast. I cherished every moment I had with my baby, because he was growing so fast. 

It was almost Niall's birthday, and Owen was now seven months old. He was learning how to use his hands and pick stuff up (which led to me having to baby proof the house again). He can sit up on the floor without my help, and can roll over on his own. 

He's been a little more fussy lately as he's teething, but it's nothing compared to the amount of crying he did in his first months. 

Owen has also started to eat some solid foods. I don't have to pump as much and he's not as reliant on me to always have to feed him. 

Sometimes I can just sit him down in his high chair, throw a bib on, and give him some cheerios to nibble on. 

We visited Niall at a few of his shows, as the North American leg of the tour was coming to an end. 

It was bittersweet. Even though it was never said, we all knew that this was going to be the last One Direction tour for a while. 

Niall told me that the album was finished and let me listen to it, but he said that he didn't think they were going to tour for that album. 

Listening to the album, it sounded like a goodbye. 

Even though their era was beginning to slow down, that would mean more time for Niall to focus on his family, and I have been waiting for that moment for a long time.

Also, Louis was going to be a father, and I'm sure that his responsibilities will be changing as well. 

The last leg of the tour was in Europe, and I haven't decided if I wanted to go across the pond for a month. I was so adjusted here, and I hated the hassle of traveling. Also, it seemed like we were going to be sharing our secret soon, and it would be overwhelming to follow One Direction fans around. 

I had organized all of the pictures from the duration of our relationship into a slideshow. And after visiting Briana, I was mentally prepared to expose my life. 

Now all I needed was Niall. 

Niall was coming home after the last show in Boston, just in time for his birthday. 

I couldn't sleep that night, knowing that he could be home any minute.

I did the math in my head. If the show ended at about 10 or 11, it would take him about a half hour to get on a plane, another half hour to get here, give or take some time to drive to the apartment, that would mean he would be in my arms around 12 or 1 or maybe 2?

The anticipation was enough to keep me awake in bed. 

Of all nights, it was a night where Owen was actually sleeping well. Why couldn't this be on a night where I was awake taking care of Owen anyway.

Around 1, I got up and made myself some tea. Sleep seemed impossible.

Just as I blew on the mug to cool it off, I heard a lock turning in the door and some murmuring from outside. 

I nearly jumped in my seat at the island. I gently placed my cup on the counter, I was beginning to shake with excitement and I didn't want it spilling everywhere.