Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Do you want to know what else I've planned for your birthday?" I asked him. We had been cuddling on my couch looking at all of the ultrasound pictures for almost an hour, just sharing our excitement with each other.

"What," he replied.

"First, I was thinking that we could go out to dinner together! You remember my friend, Katie? She's a waitress and she said that she could clear out a room just for us! Nobody would know we were there. It's a nice change from eating in," I said. 

Niall smiled. "Sounds wonderful, as long as I'm with you."

"And for my gift for you," I said and got up from my seat and walked over to the closet. "It's really for the baby, but I was thinking you would enjoy it." I brought it over to Niall and he started cracking up.

"This is the best thing I've ever seen," he said. I had bought a onsie with the words 'crazy mofo', so it would match Niall's signature 'crazy mofo' shirt.

"There is one more thing I wanted to get you for your birthday, but I needed to discuss it with you first, in case it's a bad idea," I said.

"Talk to me." I returned to my seat next to him.

"Because we're settling down and getting an apartment together, I think we should get a dog! I know how much you loved the one that we saw the other day backstage, and I could watch it while you're away!" I said. Saying it out loud, it sounded like a really bad idea.

"I've always wanted a dog!" Niall said, his face lighting up. "I've always wanted a fuzzy one that I can hug." He looked like a child. 

"So you want me to get one for you for your birthday?" I asked for confirmation.

"Why not. Let's do it," he said and tackled me with a hug. I was thankful that I found the perfect gift.

"Reservations are at seven. Dress your nicest but you may need to put the scarf over your face. I should've gotten you a scarf for your birthday," I said.

We hung around for the remainder of the afternoon and then got ready. Niall picked out the nicest outfit he packed, and I wore a nice dress and put my hair down. Zippering my dress was a struggle, and the form-fitting dress was not working with my belly.

I had to change into a more flowy dress. 

"We both look so good! Can we please take a picture?" I asked. Niall gushed but took my phone and set the timer as he placed it against the wall.

The picture was pure sex. We would be the sexiest parents ever. 

We did the same routine as we had at the hospital- I dropped him off at the front and he would slip in, unnoticed, while I parked the car. 

I walked into the restaurant and saw Niall already talking with Katie.

"Hello, Alyssa," she said, smiling.

"Reservations for 'Horan'," I said, even though I knew she already knew.

"Table for two, right this way," she said, grabbing menu's and leading us to the back.

"Correction- there will be three of us tonight. My baby is feeling a bit hungry," I joked. Katie led us to a special room in the back that was isolated from the rest of the restaurant. My guess was that it was used for functions or something. But tonight, it was all ours. 

Niall pulled out my chair for me to sit down, and then pushed me in. He sat across from me. The room was dim, and there were candles on the wall and one on the table. Very romantic.