Chapter 89

Chapter 89

The dreaded day came when I had to say goodbye to Niall, as I always did. I felt like we were saying goodbye more than we were saying hello, and it broke my heart every time I had to see him go.

Like always, a car came to pick him up and bring him to the airport and I helped bring all his bags down. 

Niall gave a heart-filled goodbye to Owen as well, who was growing right before our very eyes. 

Owen let out a laugh when Niall kissed his chubby cheeks and threw his tiny hands out at Niall. With Owen in my arms, I gave Niall a tight hug and kiss before I had to watch him walk out of the door again. 

There was always such a silence when Niall left, and everything felt emptier. I put Owen in his favorite jumper and attempted to fold some laundry and get my mind off of the fact that I didn't know when I would hold Niall again. 

Anyway, Owen and I were leaving for LA in two days and I had to clean the house and finish packing enough for the both of us. 

At least I had Owen to keep me company. He made me feel a little less lonely, even though I knew he missed Niall too. 

"Ready to go visit a new friend?" I asked Owen, who sat on my bed surrounded by pillows as I finished getting all of our things together. "Your Uncle Louis is having a baby soon and we're going to meet the mommy!"

I zippered the bags shut. "Your mommy's a little nervous to meet this woman and spill all of her secrets, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do."

I lifted Owen off the bed and buckled him into the carrier. Owen was getting so big that I had to adjust the buckles. I didn't know how much bigger he would grow, but it seems like just yesterday he had to be swaddled in blankets just to fit. 

I called for a cab the night before, and it was waiting for us at the front of the apartment building when we left. 

The flight was long as usual, but there were little complications. Probably because Niall's management organized the trip, and everything went smoother that way.

We didn't have first class to ourselves this time, but most of the people were patient with me. Owen slept and ate for most of the ride, and I was able to calm him down quickly when he woke. 

When we landed in LAX, I thought back to the last time I was there. I was barley even showing and now I was here with a baby who was almost six months old.

We got into another car that brought us to our hotel. Check in was easy as well, and by the time we got to our room, I was exhausted. Well, slightly more exhausted than usual. 

The suite was beautiful. There was a full kitchen, a bedroom with a crib, a huge bathroom, and a small living area with a balcony overlooking the city. 

I didn't know why I would be needing this if we were only staying a few days, but I wasn't going to complain. 

Owen was awake and I set up the jumper so he could get some of his energy out after being in between the carrier and my arms for almost seven hours. 

I called for room-service for dinner for myself, and Owen and I had a relaxing night in. I felt less lonely than the nights I spent in hotels without Niall during my pregnancy because now I had Owen next to me.

Owen was staring to look like a mini-nialler, and starting to act like him too. Luckily he was fairly happy and had a cute giggle to accompany his shining eyes. 

When I looked into Owen's eyes, I was looking into Niall's eyes. The love was overwhelming. 

Thank God Owen slept well that night (only waking me up twice) and we were up and at 'em at five in the morning.