Chapter 60

Chapter 60

"Try out the keyboard!" Niall said, pointing towards the new keyboard. As I walked towards it, I saw it was already plugged in and ready to play.

Niall helped me pull off the bow, and then he pulled up a chair for me.

My fingers were fatter than they were the last time I played a piano, but they still worked.

I played a few chords and it felt so good to be able to play music again.

"I can hear the future of many new One Direction smash-hits," I said.

When I was done, Niall decided to put on some music.

I recognized it instantly.

"I love this song!" I said. "This is Yours by Ella Henderson, right?"

Niall nodded and outreached his hand.

"Care to dance?" He asked.

I giggled and took his hand.

"We can see what happens," He helped pull me up, and put his hands on my lower back. I put my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder.

I felt a little bad at first, putting all my weight on him, and there was a lot of it.

He didn't seem like he was having any trouble standing, and once we got comfortable, it felt great.

Lou must have dimmed the lights or something, because the room was darker and more romantic than it was at first.

I closed my eyes and let myself feel close to him.

I felt Owen shift around a bit. Niall probably felt it on his stomach too, because he laughed a little, which made me laugh.

A few songs later, I realized something.

"This is my playlist!" I said.

"I know," Niall said. "I looked at your music library the other day and put it on my phone."

We both laughed again. It was a smart thing to do.

"I've had a great time dancing with you, but I really need to sit down," I said, moving my hands to his hands.

He pulled a chair over to the table and helped me take a seat.

"I think it's time for cake," Niall said, patting his hands on the table.

"Cake?" I asked.

"Only your favorite," Niall said. "I ordered it from the hotel's restaurant. It's supposed to be really good.

Cake was one of my favorite things ever.

"I got some birthday hats too," Niall said, pulling out a cone-shaped birthday hat from a bag on the table.

They were generic blue sparkly hats that read "happy birthday". You could probably find them at any seven year old's birthday party.

"This is the best," I said when he wrapped the string under my chin. I loved being a little kid.

He had one for himself, Lou, and Lux too.

"Let me take a picture of you two," Lou said, taking her phone out.

Niall stood behind me in my chair and wrapped his arms around me. I couldn't see him, but I knew he was smiling at least as half as big as I was.

"You guys are so cute!" Lou said, facing her screen towards us so we could see. " I can't take it!"

We were pretty cute.

"Let me take one of all of us," Niall said.

He was the selfie king, after all.