Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I awoke to the sound of my phone ringing. I got up to see it was Niall, and I answered it.

"Hello?" I said groggily.

"Hey babe. So things didn't go well?" He said.

"My mom left before we even got our food," I said.

"Oh," he began. "Do you think she'll come around?"

"Of course she will, she's my mom. It's really big news and it was a total suprise. She said she just needs some time, and I'm hopeful that she will come to me when she's ready."

"Do you think it was because I couldn't go?" he asked.

"I don't think so. I don't think she even believed me when I said you were the father."

"Next weekend, I can fly up and see you. I was wondering if that's okay. We can see your mom and talk to her. I was thinking that we could see my parents sometime too."

"I start classes later this week, and I want to get as much in as possible before I can't go. You can stay as long as you want, but I just wanted to make you aware."

"Woo!" Niall yelled into the phone. "I miss you so much and we're finally going to see eachother!" I laughed at his excitment even though I could barely contain my own excitement.

I lost track of time and we talked until he needed to travel for his next show. We said our goodbyes but I was just glad I had something to look forward to. 

I hung up my phone with a smile on my face and felt overwhelmingly happy. I was going to be reunited with my boyfriend finally. He did mention seeing my mom, and I just hoped that she would come around by then.

I decided that I needed to get out today, so I put on a sweatshirt and walked to the campus to get some fresh air. It was mid September, and there were classes going on for some people, but my classes didn't start until next week. 

The leaves on the trees were starting to change color slightly, although the air was still warm. The sun was hot on my skin. I walked through the campus, and started to see a few familliar faces.

"Hey, are you Alyssa? The girl who threw that awesome party last month?" A guy came up to me with his friends asked. I nodded.

"Sweet! See you around," he said, and they left. So far nobody was talking about seeing Niall and I hook up, and I was starting to feel content. I was worrying over nothing.

"Alyssa?" A girl pointed to me and asked. "Were you the girl with Niall at the party?"

I forced a laughed. "I wish," I said and walked away. Okay maybe it was too good to be true. I felt my stomach, and although I was barley showing, I felt like it was broadcasting me to the entire world. Rumors would be flying around when people saw me in a few months from now. Even now I could feel the whispers of people talking about me.

My plan was just to deny anything that had to do with Niall. I knew that even if I defended myself, people would still make up rumors. And they would be true. 

"No way! It's the girl who gave Niall Horan a lap dance!" A group of guys shouted. I laughed as loud as I could. 

"That would be so funny! I wish I could do that!" As much as I tried to hide the truth, the truth was screaming in my heartbeat. Maybe this would blow over in a week, maybe it would only grow bigger. It was college after all, not high school.

The days where I switched schools at least twice a year were gone. I could no longer run away from my problems. I was looking forward to being able to comit myself to the school and know that I had a permanent place to go for the year, and I didn't want to throw all of that away because people were talking shit.