Chapter 93

Chapter 93

I looked over at Niall.

"Here goes nothing," I said, publishing the video so that we could watch it in real time with the viewers. 

The first video started playing. It was the video of Niall and I sitting in a dressing room writing Night Changes on the day that I first told him I was pregnant. He has his guitar and I was harmonizing with him. We stopped and started a few times, embracing the creative process. 

Niall put his arm around me as we sat on the couch, looking back in time. 

"I remember that like it was yesterday," he said. 

There were pictures Harry had taken of us that day, basic couple pictures. Niall held up a sign that said five weeks, and I was so thin that I barely recognized myself. I looked so different before my pregnancy.

It wasn't in a bad way at all, I just looked so young. 

It's something about becoming a mother that makes you grow up, and I showed it in my outside as well as my inside.

Next were some selfies from a time that I made a full breakfast for us at my old apartment. I remembered that to be the day that I struck up a conversation over text with Perrie for the first time. 

There was also pictures from the time that I kissed Niall on the cheek before he went onstage, leaving him with lipstick on his cheek and Lou had to take one for the team. 

Niall and I laughed.

There were some pictures of Perrie and I when we went out for coffee in California and got some baby clothes, as well as pictures from Niall's birthday a year ago. 

We both cracked up when we saw the picture of Niall with a scarf covering his face from the day that we went in for my first ultrasound. Then the picture of Niall and I holding our first ultrasound came up, looking happier than ever.

There was also that picture from dinner that night where we were looking A1. Sexiest parents ever.

"I remember you wanted to name the baby Stockholm Syndrome," I said, looking over at Niall.

"Still better than Owen.... smh," Niall added jokingly. 

Another bumpdate picture was shown on the screen, this time the paper said "11 weeks" in Niall's scribbly handwriting. 

Various pictures of Niall and I with Niall's family in Ireland were playing, and I thought back to how nervous we were when we were anticipating telling them. 

It's funny how things change.

The next video made Niall and I laugh even harder. It was the selfie video I took when we were at a tour rehearsal with the band and I felt Owen kick for the first time. It was almost humorous to see all of the other boy's faces, especially Zayn. I hadn't seen them in so long. Weird.

Perrie had visited me when I first moved into the new apartment in New York, and we went shopping and took pictures with 1D merch. I was reluctant to add the pictures with her with the Zayn merch because of circumstances, but decided on doing it anyway.

Suck it GiGi.

There was another ultrasound picture, with the words "it's a boy" at the bottom of the paper. 

"Remember when you were freaking out at the ultrasound?" I asked Niall, laughing and hitting his arm playfully.  "I didn't know if you were going to make it."

"That was a dark day," he said, emotionless. 

A picture came on with me and Niall in bathing suits at a pool at a hotel. I thought back to how self-conscious I was. Confidence came with age, and now I had so much more to be proud about.