Chapter 84

Chapter 84

Niall and I grabbed some breakfast and made another breakfast date in our hotel room. It was so early in the morning, but completely worth it. 

We arrived to the venue as early as we could, seeing there was nothing better to do. Owen got some much needed rest in the carrier on the ride there.

"I think I'm ready to tell the world about us," I told Niall in the car. He looked over me and smiled, images of San Diego flashing behind him in the window. 

"Are you serious?" He asked. I couldn't tell if his eyes were wide in excitement or nervousness. 

I continued to shake my head up and down. "It's been a year, and I think I've had plenty of time hiding out," I said. "The reason I wanted to wait this long is to keep Owen safe in my stomach and as an infant, and now he's getting bigger and happier..." I looked down at Owen with his tiny eyes shut.

Niall looked at Owen too, who's carrier separated us in the back seat. 

Niall took a deep breath. "As long as you're ready, I'm ready." He said, putting his hand on top of the carrier for me to hold it. 

I looked into his eyes and felt reassurance. 

"I still want to wait until we're back in New York, so we can film it in our apartment," I said. "That way, we have a safe place to stay when the fans form an angry mob around us."

Niall's eyes crinkled when he laughed. 

"I know we're going to be in New York in the beginning of August," he responded. 

"So, about three weeks?" I asked for clarification. 

Niall nodded. 

I sat back in my seat. "Three weeks it is."

Now that we had the date, everything was starting to feel even more real. I couldn't tell if I was excited or nervous, but I knew that I was more than ready.

I could barely even begin to think about how different things would be not having to be separate from Niall in any situation like walking to the car, having to do a lap in the car, and then picking Niall up and doing the same thing for drop off. 

I wondered what it would be like to go to a real dinner with him and not care if cameras took pictures. 

And I couldn't imagine how happy Niall would be to feed his son a bottle in public or have a turn to push the stroller. 

These were things that so many parents and people took for granted, but it was an everyday struggle for the two of us and I couldn't wait for it to be over.

But then again, Owen would be living his life under a camera forever. At least I had a good 20 years of privacy, Owen only had four months. 

What he did have was an eternity of love from Niall and me. No matter what the future brings, he would have his family to support him and care for him. I would do whatever it takes for him to have the best. 

We pulled up at the venue and did the usual drill. Niall got out first with all the security people waiting for him and then the car would take me in a loop until nobody was following us and drop me off at a different set of doors with an almost equal amount of security people. 

It sucked, but at least we got to drive in the same car together. 

I brought Owen in through some back doors and then followed some signs until I found the green room. It always looked the same: a few couches, sometimes a lamp, and sometimes a table.