Chapter 95

Chapter 95

We boarded a plane to London early on Tuesday morning. The three of us got into a car, drove to an airport, and sat first class together. That was a first.

Our luggage was all taken care of, but Niall was the designated Diaper Bag Dad (I came up with the name).

It was weird seeing so many cameras around us, taking pictures. It was like we weren't even human.

There's the stereotype that it's always teenage girls who are shoving their phones in your faces, trying to get a picture, but really, it was everybody. Walking through the airport, all I saw were unfamiliar faces holding phones out, not even caring if they got in our way.

I had Niall's hand in one hand, and the carrier with my son in the other. I made sure the top was closed so that nobody got pictures of Owen.

Although I was burning up with anger inside, I tried my best to force a smile as Niall and I boarded our flight.

"Excuse me, Hi, sorry to bother you," A woman tapped on Niall's shoulders once we were on the plane. "It would mean a lot to my daughter if she got a picture with you."

The woman looked down at a smaller girl who appeared to be her daughter, clutching onto her leg.

"Of course!" Niall said, putting the diaper bag down on his seat. I struggled to appropriately buckle Owen in the seat in between us. "It would be my pleasure."

Niall made his way into the isle, kneeling down next to the girl.

"What's your name?" He asked the young girl as she let go of her mom, apparently shy.

"Erica," She said, fidgeting with one of her pigtails.

Niall put his arm around her as the mom snapped a quick picture.

"What brings you on this flight?" Niall asked Erica.

"We're going on a family trip," the mother answered for her daughter.

"That sounds awesome! I'm from Europe, and I'm taking my girlfriend and my son to visit!" Niall added, signaling at me. It wasn't the complete truth, but, whatever.

I waved and forced a smile.

"Well, I won't keep you long. Thank you so much!" The mother said to Niall, shaking his head. "She loves you and your band."

"I'm so glad I got to meet you!" Niall said, looking to the young girl again, giving her a high five. "If you have any questions about Europe, don't hesitate to ask."

They exchanged goodbyes, and then I let Niall sit in the seat closest to the window.

"You're so good with people," I said. "You should be an air hostess."

Niall laughed, buckling up. "It's part of the job, what can I say."

I sighed, organizing our bags. "I don't know how you have so much patience," I admitted. "It drives me so crazy to see so many people who are like robots, just taking pictures and screaming. We're just faces, not humans to them. Like seriously chill out."

Niall giggled again. "You never really get used to it. Or at least, I try not to. It's hard to remind myself that I am a real person and have to stay grounded. That's why I'm so happy to have you around to treat me like I matter, not just my accomplishments."

He planted a kiss on my lips, and before we knew it, we were in London.

It was so much better having Niall and my son next to me on a long plane ride than sitting alone with my thoughts.