Chapter 15

Chapter 15

After a week of being surrounded by the people I loved the most, it was had to go home. The airplane ride was lonely without somebody to share my excitement with. I walked into my empty apartment that wouldn't be mine for much longer and felt overcome with solitude.

I would only be by myself for a few days before Niall flew in for his birthday and we could see the first ultrasound and see the baby for the first time.

I decided to start packing up things that I wouldn't use in the next month and tackled the task of grocery shopping. 

I packed my future maternity clothes away- I could still fit in my regular clothes now- with the memory of buying them with Perrie.

I still couldn't believe that she trusted me so much, after only one day, to ask me for help with a huge dilemma. I was kind of in shock. I had so many secrets that I was hiding, I didn't know how many more I could hold, but I didn't have a choice.

I completed my last days at college and I couldn't be happier to escape the hell-hole of judgmental wannabe's.

It was two days after I was back that I decided to call Katie and ask her if she wanted to meet someplace and talk, because I had been feeling badly about slamming her with so much information the last time she appeared at my door.

We met at a restaurant and we talked about what ultrasounds were like, and I told her that although I was moving, I would come visit as often as possible.

"Do you think it would be possible if I could bring Niall here on Saturday for his birthday? We can't be seen together otherwise, and we've never been on a dinner date before, and you can be our waitress since you already know! Maybe you could clear a private room or something?" I suggested.

"It would be my pleasure," she said. I needed to get Niall a present and make plans for his birthday, and it would be really nice to go out for a change.

We talked about her daughter, Samantha, and then I had to go and look for a gift for Niall, but I had no idea what to get him.

Was I supposed to get him something expensive? Something small and thoughtful? Would he be disappointed if I ended up getting him something stupid? I decided to start with looking for something that would make him laugh.

I walked around the stores in the city and started by window shopping. I went in and out of stores but nothing caught my eye. I wanted to get him something really special.

He has so much money that he could buy anything he wanted. I decided his gift wouldn't be about the price or quality of something, but the amount of love and creativity that went into it.

That seemed like it would be harder to find.

I decided to go home and look online for something that could be customized. But it still didn't feel right. I decided to wait and let the inspiration come to me. 

September 13th came quicker than I thought.

I woke up early that morning. I didn't sleep well because of my eagerness. 

Niall told me that he got an extremely early flight and could sleep on the plane so he would be well-rested. We learn from experience.

My appointment was at 11am and then I wanted to surprise Niall with my gifts. Even being without him for a few days had made me miss him and the touring lifestyle. I would be just excited to see him again as I would be if I didn't see him in years. A few days without him felt like forever. 

My recently-made twitter was filled with happy birthday messages from directioners, but unlike them, I would be able to tell him in person. 

I kept my twitter as a personal twitter, but I would never give out any information that could connect me to Niall. It was perfect, because I could keep up with all of the rumors and what was happening with the band and the fans while keeping my identity a secret.