Chapter 22

Chapter 22

The doctor looked at both of us, leaving us in suspense.

"It's a boy!"

As soon as the words escaped her lips, Niall and I looked at each other to see our reactions. Niall leaned back in his chair with his arms bent and hands on his head. He was so happy, he was laughing.

There wasn't much I could do from my position. A hand went to my forehead and I began to laugh. "Another Horan boy," I said happily.

"Theo will be ecstatic," Niall said. He reached over to me and squeezed my hand with delight.

The doctor went over a few more things, and then Niall asked her if she would take a picture of us with the new ultrasound. She wrote in blue "It's a Boy" at the bottom of the paper.

Niall and I stood together by the door with his arm around me. I held the paper on my belly.

"Niall, you should tweet something," I said.

"And giveaway everything?" Niall laughed.

"No, say something like 'it's a boy' and post a picture of Harry or something," I said. Niall shrugged.

Niall scrolled through his pictures and found a recent picture of Harry with really long hair.

"How about this one?" He asked.

"Perfect," I responded. Then, I sent the picture we had just taken to Perrie, Katie, Lou, the boys, my mom, and Niall's family.

I was flooded with messages from everyone saying how happy they were. Niall and I went back to the apartment in the same way that we went to the hospital, secretly.

We spent the week relaxing and enjoying each other's company. But One Direction never stopped moving, and it wouldn't be long until there was another award show or appearance.

We left for Florida the day before the album officially came out- the boys had a Today Show performance from Universal. I was so excited to get out of the cold and finally enjoy heat.

It would be our first time being on the same plane. The other boys had their private jet in the UK, but Niall was already in the USA, so he was responsible for his own flight.

We both wore nice clothes. Niall, because he was going to get photographed. Me, because I might be in the back of some of those photographs.

We both took different cabs to the airport, and I stood a few people behind him for every line that he was in. There were no mobs, but there were dozens of fans who he had to stop and take pictures with.

Once we got on the plane, we were both in first class. He already called the window seat. When I went to the seat I said, "Oh my god, I'm sitting with Niall Horan," loud enough for all of the business men who were also traveling in first class to hear, so they wouldn't tell their daughters anything.

The flight was three hours, and Niall and I didn't talk that much. It was hard to talk about anything besides the baby or our plans, and that would be a dead giveaway.

When the flight landed, we were the first ones off. Niall walked ahead of me, and I was surprised at the amount of people. Girls had to be barricaded behind dividers, and there was security keeping them back. Niall waved at a lot of them, but he couldn't stop and take pictures, or else we would be there all day. 

I regretted wearing one of my tighter-fitting shirts. It was obvious I was pregnant. I just stayed a safe distance behind him and tried to travel with other people from the flight to blend in.