Chapter 55

Chapter 55

My doctor and I left for our flight to Japan to be reunited with One Direction and the crew.

I was extremely antsy and couldn't sit still in my seat.

My doctor tried to keep my thoughts occupied by asking me where the hotel was or what I thought it would be like, but it didn't help.

We discussed plans for delivery and all that jazz as well, but Niall didn't leave my mind.

I didn't regret my actions, but I did regret the affect that they had on him.

I wondered if he would be happy to see me, or if he would still be hurt. I had no idea how he would react, since I hadn't talked to him in almost two weeks. That was part of the suspense.

I imagined running into his arms and holding him so tight that I could hear his heart beating from the adrenaline.

That scenario was so impossible that I laughed at myself.

Whether he would be happy to see me or not, it would be a long time until we could embrace each other in public.

The plane landed fairly soon and we got into a car to bring us to the hotel.

My hands were folded above my baby bump and I couldn't keep my feet still, they were violently tapping the floor.

"What's going on?" My doctor asked. I looked up at her and realized that I had been making more noise with my foot than I had thought.

"Oh, you know," I said. "The usual."

It was disappointing how my life had turned into periods of distress and periods of even worse distress.

That was the reason why I had left in the first place, to escape the stress.

Looking back on it, the 'vacation' didn't relieve any stress. If it did, I wouldn't be this nervous right now.

"I'm sorry," the doctor said. Her vision returned to the window, and I looked back down at the floor.

There wasn't much she could say. I didn't know what I would tell myself if I was her either.

There were no words that could heal what I was feeling.

"You know, I can take care of the luggage and the hotel if you want to go see them," she said abruptly.

I looked up at her in surprise, my eyes wide. I didn't even need to confirm who "they" were.

"Really?" I asked. I didn't realize how badly I needed to hear that, it was like I was expecting it even though I knew I wasn't.

"You shouldn't have to worry about anything," she said. "Just go get your reunion over with so you don't have to think about it anymore."

I swallowed hard as she yelled to the driver to drop me off at the venue on the way there.

I guess there is no better time than now.

I began twisting my ring in apprehensiveness and peered out of the window. I had exactly no idea where we were, but it was the last thing I was worried about.

I could feel Owen moving around, and it was beginning to get uncomfortable. I didn't even know how he still fit in my stomach, but he had to keep cooking for at least another month.

I didn't know if I could make it another month and a half feeling the way I was.

The car pulled to a stop, and I jumped out.

"Bye, thank you!" I said, waving. The car pulled away down the street and I was alone again.

It wasn't until the car totally disappeared that I realized that I had no idea what I was going to do now.