Chapter 62

Chapter 62

I didn't hear Niall come inside later, but he was by my side when I woke up from tossing and turning. I got up to go to the bathroom at least twice a night now, and it bothered me.

We spent the day traveling to the location of the next venue.

I wanted to ask how the show went and I was anxious to know how Zayn was feeling, but nobody was talking. It was eerily quiet.

So be it.

We were settling into the new room when I felt a familiar sharp pain in my abdomen.

I stopped what I was doing and sat on the bed, my eyes shut in pain.

"Alyssa," Niall said. He dropped whatever it was that he was doing an ran over to me. "Are you okay."

I shut my eyes even harder and waited for it to pass. It was hard for me to even breathe, let alone answer his question.

I took short, sharp breaths to try and manage. I felt like somebody was stabbing my gut.

"Should I get someone, or?" Niall frantically searched for the words to say, but after thirty seconds, the pain was gone.

"It passed," I said, taking a deep breath, placing a hand on my stomach.

"Did you tell your doctor about it yet?" Niall asked. "This is the second time now, I don't want something to happen and-."

I almost laughed. "I know, I can count," I began. "I haven't gotten around to it yet. Trust me, it's not a big deal."

I was the one carrying the baby. I knew what I was doing. I didn't need him telling me what to do with my body.

My attempt to soothe him didn't minimize the size of his worried eyes.

"If you're going into labor, yeah it is kind of a big deal," he said, throwing his hands out in the air.

"Early-labor," I corrected. "I know what's happening. I will go see my doctor right now if it makes you feel better."

I pushed myself off of the bed, and Niall tried his best to help support me, even though I was getting to be an expert at pushing myself up.

He was worried about me, and I thought it was kind of cute.

Annoying at times, but cute.

My doctor's room was only a few doors down from our room, and she opened the door just a few seconds after the first knock.

"Hey guys," she said with a huge smile. "It's nice to see you again, come in." She welcomed us inside her room, which was identical to ours. "What brings you here?"

"Well, um, Niall made me come," I said. Niall's face grew defensive.

She had us both take a seat on her bed, and she pulled up a chair so she was sitting across from us.

"I just thought it would be a good idea if she came in to see you to tell you about a few things," Niall said, tapping on my legs.

He was a weirdo.

"I've had two minor contractions in the past week or so, Braxton Hicks, I think they're called," I said. Niall watched me intently, not understanding a word I said.

"That's completely normal," she began. I flashed Niall the "I told you so" look. "You're coming close to your due date, right?"

"We're less than month away," I said excitedly. Niall put a hand on his forehead, but he was still smiling.