Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Alyssa's POV

The thought of people not coming to my party was proved wrong about ten minutes after I sent the message out. Messages flooded in from people saying how excited they were and they were bringing refreshments and people.

This would make me so popular when college started. Popularity wasn't the reason I was throwing this party though, I just wanted to take my mind off of the asshole.

I plugged my phone into a speaker and played music loudly.

People started showing up at 9. I didn't even ask who they were, just opened the door to see somewhat familiar faces.

Hey! You don't look like a murderer! Come into my apartment!

And within an hour, my small apartment was filled with people having a fun time.

Watching them have fun made me happy too.

"Danielle, I'll bet you can't chug this cup of beer in under five seconds," a guy said.

"I'm about to prove you wrong," Danielle said, taking the cup. Everybody in the group laughed and cheered her on as she drained the cup in 4.3 seconds.

Way to go Danielle.

I was on my third drink, and I wondered if I should stop soon. I wasn't a heavy drinker, and I didn't want to forget this night, but I did want to forget Jake.

I took another sip.

At eleven, the doorbell rang again, and I wasn't sure if the apartment could even fit more people. I opened the door, and five very familiar boys stood behind the door. My jaw dropped to the floor. 

"Hey, would you mind if we crashed this party?" It was Niall Horan and the boys from One Direction.

I didn't even respond. I couldn't form words.

That didn't stop me from trying.

I stuttered like a cow.

I didn't even know if cows could stutter, I just felt like a cow to be honest.

I opened the door wider for them to file in. The crowd at the party cheered, just as happily surprised as I was. I didn't even realize that I was staring at Niall until he smiled back at me.

Those blue eyes were captivating.

I quickly looked away and swore under my breath.

I closed the door behind them and put my hand on my forehead.