Chapter 87

Chapter 87

Like most times, it led me to a coffee shop.

The walk forced me to calm myself down and enjoy the fresh air. Well, as fresh as city air could be.

I found an empty table and began to feed an Owen a bottle before I wasn't the only one having a meltdown. 

As I fed Owen, I pulled out my phone. I knew it was a bad idea to do this as soon as I had calmed down, and I honestly couldn't tell you why I tortured myself like that, but I decided to go through various social medias. 

I wished I left when Zayn did. That boy knew what he was doing.

I began to feel anxious again, and I knew it was because I had known that all of this was going to happen, but I just thought it would be because of Niall and I. I was jealous, and I knew it was selfish. 

And if Niall and I had done this, at least we would've had the video and live stream to back us up. That was what would have really shown how in love we were with each other and Owen, and that there was no doubt that I had completed that pregnancy start to finish.

Now, there was no way to even tell if Louis and Briana were together romantically.

Yes, I got pregnant because of what was supposed to be a one-night stand just like Briana, but at least Niall and I made the effort to see each other. 

This, yet again, brought me back to thinking about all the cameras I avoided, risking my safety in the back of a truck, and there were pictures in existence with Louis and Briana. 

Owen just decided he was not having that bottle today and began screaming.

I felt so overwhelmed that I felt like I was about to scream too.

Now, I couldn't stay inside the coffee shop with him annoying all the customers, and got up to leave. 

This would be another problem that Louis wouldn't have to face.

I gathered my things, put the bottle back in the diaper bag, and pushed the stroller back outside onto the busy streets that would drown out the sound of Owen's cries. 

Just as I made my way down a street, I got a call from Niall. 

He was probably worried about me and I didn't blame him.

I reluctantly decided to answer his call.

"Hello," I said, swallowing my cry.

"Alyssa, where are you?" He asked. He had an anxious tone to his voice.

"I'm on my way back to the apartment right now," I said briefly and to the point. "We can talk there, don't worry about me."

"Is this about what I think it is?" He asked, not wanting to trigger me. I triggered anyway.

"If what you think it is is the fact that Louis is having a baby that I didn't know about and just ruined any chance we have at telling people the secret we've been hiding for over a year, then yes, it is."

Niall was quiet for a second. I couldn't tell if he was confused or exhausted of this constant circle of torture that we were always faced with.

"Lou told me you stormed off," he said. "Calm down. Do you need a ride? I'm almost back home."

"No, I'm fine," I said. "I'll see you soon." I impulsively hung up the phone. I had to remind myself that I didn't even know if Niall had something to do with this or not, and if he didn't, I had to stop being angry with him for no reason.

I was probably a solid half an hour walk from the apartment, but I didn't see myself getting there any other way. If I sat down in a cab I would probably start crying again, and I didn't feel like talking to Lou or anybody that had anything to do with One Direction.