Chapter 57

Chapter 57

I groggily opened my eyes and saw that Niall was already dressed and ready to leave.

"Are you okay? You were already asleep when I got back last night," he said.

That was a lie. I barely slept last night.

I heard him come in and get in bed, I just pretended like I was sleeping so that he wouldn't bother me.

"Trying to catch up on all the sleep I've lost," I said, stretching my arms.

"Do you need anything?" He asked, taking a seat on the end of the bed.

"I think I'm all set for now, but thank you," I said. I pulled my pillow against the headboard so I could sit up straight.

Owen shifted his position and I could see the ripples on my stomach through my top.

"I have to go meet with Simon today," Niall said. "It's not going to be a fun meeting."

There they were. The dreaded words.

"Do you want me to come with you?" I offered, trying to lift his spirits. "I wouldn't mind."

"I think it's just going to be me and the boys," Niall said. "We can grab some lunch or something together after if you want."

"While we're at it, we might as well hold hands and walk down the middle of the street together," I yawned.

Niall let out a small laugh.

"You know what I mean," he said. I knew he wasn't feeling 100%, but he was definitely happier than before.

He looked across the room at the mirror and smoothed out part of his hair.

"If you ever need anything, just let me know," I told Niall, pulling him closer to me. "I'll always be here for you no matter what."

He smiled and then kissed my forehead.

"I'll see you later," he started to get up. "I love you."

"I love you," I responded, and then he left.

I spend a few seconds staring at the door that he had just closed behind him. I hoped that everything would turn out okay.

If he was worried, than it had to be something concerning.

I decided to get dressed and partially ready. Although Niall had today off, he was always working, and I never knew when I could be needed.

Lou, Gemma, and Lottie invited me to go walk around the city, but I was so lethargic and I wanted to stick around the hotel in case Niall needed me.

And I was glad I did.

It wasn't more than a half an hour until I got a text from Niall saying that Simon wanted me to come to the meeting.

I sighed and put my phone in the pocket. I knew that the meeting room in the hotel was on the top floor, and so I left.

I rode the elevator up to the top floor, and there was security as always.

It wasn't a problem this time, although I now get anxious every time I see a security guard.

Jail wasn't my thing.

I realized I was almost nervous to meet Simon. My last experience with Modest! hadn't gone too well, but Simon seemed pretty nice over the phone.

I couldn't say the same for American Idol, but maybe he would take it easy on me since I wasn't singing.