Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Lou glanced at the screen and I saw her come over on the couch next to me. She could see the fear in my expression.

"Oh god," she said.

"Oh god is right," I said. My eyes were closed due to both embarrassment and shame.

"Don't worry. Nobody know it was you." But that wasn't the problem. The problem was that it was somebody.  

I sorted through the facts and organized all of the thoughts swarming my head.

If I was a fan who didn't know about the situation, I would see that there was lipstick on Niall's face. That was a fact. I would also know that somebody had kissed him. But I wouldn't know who. 

It could easily be his girlfriend, his mom, a close friend, or...

"Lou!" I said with a shock of excitement. "Can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure thing. What can I do?" Lou asked.

"I need you to send a tweet saying that you kissed Niall on the cheek before the show or post a picture with the lipstick! You two are like family, so it wouldn't even matter that you kissed his cheek."

It would make sense if Lou had kissed Niall on the cheek before the show because they were so close. It was the first thing that I could think of, and it might actually have a chance of working.

Lou's face lit up as she understood what I was asking. "That's a great idea!" I handed her the lipstick and she put some on and then snapped a picture. Her fingers tapped her phone screen and then she turned her screen to face me when she was done.

"All set," she said. The tweet read 'maybe i shouldn't be giving friendly kisses when i'm wearing bright lipstick'. 

"Genius. Thank you so much," I said.

"The boys come offstage for a second before another intro in a minute, we should go over there and let them know what's going on so they don't screw it up," Lou said.

Without saying anything, we both shot out of our chairs and ran to the stage. Surley enough, Niall was walking offstage.

"Say Lou did it," I said when he was within earshot. Lou showed him the tweet. I didn't have to even tell Niall what I was talking about for him to understand. He nodded.

"That was close. Thank you Lou," Niall said, while Lou was scrubbing his cheek to get the lipstick off. 

"I'm so sorry," I said.

"We need to be more careful, okay," he said.

"That's good enough," Lou said, and then Niall bounced back onstage.

I couldn't help feeling my heart sink. I knew that he was shaken and rushed, but I felt like he was a bit mad at me, the way he said it.

I looked at the floor and Lou put an arm around my shoulder, reading my mind.

"He's not mad at you. He could never be mad at you," she said, and took my hand to walk back. "Before you first told me that you and Niall were together, Niall told me you were both just good friends. But I did think that Niall had a crush on you. I can tell by the way he looks at you. He always has. Every time that you're here, he's a happier person. He really loves you."

I smiled and closed my eyes, holding back my rush of tears. 

"Don't over think," she added. I took a deep breath and Lou pulled me in for a hug. "How's the baby?" 

'I'm about 8 weeks," I said. "I have my first ultrasound when I get home."

"So exciting!" She said, and rubbed my arm. "You'll be showing soon!"