CEO! Kurapika X Secretary! Reader|| part 1?

Everyone was busy.  Phone calls, the sound of the Keyboard tapping, and voices discussing could be heard. It was another busy day for everyone. And that includes you.

You stood beside a certain man, who listened on the report of another employee in front of him. Paper works in your hand, your eyes scanned through them, fulfilling your task as a secretary.

“-and that much is our stock prices for the last month.”

“Any issues on the XX project?”

“We are behind the schedule, the lack of funding on this project is dragging it behind.”

“(F/n).”

“I will handle it, Mr. President.” You immediately replied.

“Alright then. You’re dismissed.”

The other employee silently walked out of the office, leaving you and the man alone. The room was then filled with silence, it neither cold nor awkward. Both were immersed in their own works that they didn’t felt the need to have a conversation. Unless of course, if needed.

It was a busy day, another day where you have to forcefully drag yourself from laziness in order to not slack off, If not, then you’ll  have to say goodbye to your job and career. A thought that is implanted to every employees.

It was as simple as that.

Your boss, Kurapika, was both strict and somewhat approachable. He took his job and position seriously, and could prepare a thorough calculated plan. He was intelligent and responsible.

With him as the CEO, the business has been going smoothly, of course there are problems to be encountered, but Kurapika deals with it in no time.

Other than that, the employees salary payment is also satisfactory.

All in all, this handsome and smart CEO is….pursuing you?

Yes, pursuing you.

You have no idea how it came it to be.

You, an ordinary secretary of a successful CEO, is suddenly pursued by this said man?

It was skeptical.

It happened so suddenly that you were left flabbergasted.

“(F/n).” Kurapika called out. Glancing at you at the corner of his eyes.

“Yes?”

“Do you perhaps have any plans tonight?” He asked

“No? May I ask why?”

“Good.” He paused, “Have dinner with me.”

Dinner? Your boss just asked you to a dinner date, what do you do?

Of course you accept it! This is an opportunity for you! A handsome, reliable, and intelligent man just asked you out! What more could you want?

“That…I suppose I can.” You replied

“Well then, do you have any specific restaurant in mind? A preferred meal?”

“What about you Mr. Kurapika?”

“I have told you before, just Kurapika. And….” He turned to you, eyes staring back at yours. “…I’ll let you pick.”

You contemplated. To think that this seemingly unreachable man is letting you choose the restaurant because he wants to please you, is astonishing.