Father! Kurapika X Mother! Reader (He's back)

"(S/n)! Dinner is ready!"

"Coming!"

"Mom! I'll help setting up the table!"

"Sure (D/n)."

You were in the kitchen with your daughter (D/n), while your son (S/n) is walking down the stairs. (D/n) is a very cheerful girl who likes to help around the house, (D/n) on the other hand is much like his father.

"Onii-san! Hurry up!" (D/n) called out to her brother, as she impatiently sat in her seat.

"I'm here, you didn't have to yell." (S/n) retorted

"Hmph!"

"Don't you two dare start. (S/n), just sit so we can eat." You scolded

"Okay mom." (S/n) sat in his seat, while (D/n) playfully glared at him.

"Itadakimasu!"

As the two started to eat, you smiled as they again had a small argument. They were always like that, though you were sure they cared for each other. 'They are so troublesome...'  

"Mom?" (S/n) called out to you as you snapped out of your thoughts.

"Don't mind me (S/n), continue eating." You smiled

"...Alright."

(S/n) is like his father indeed. Just the thought made you miss Kurapika even more. He hasn't been home for years now, and it made you worried. 'I hope he's alright...'  You thought, as you started eating.

"Mom?" (D/n) called

"What is it sweetie?" You turned to her

"When is dad gonna come home? I miss him."

"..."

You stayed silent, not knowing what to say. You have been trying to contact Kurapika but none of it he replied to. You knew your children missed him as much as you do, but there's nothing you could do and just hope he comes home, unharmed.

"Dad might not come back for all we know." (S/n) mumbled

"(S/n), don't talk like that." You scolded

"But it's true mom. You can't lie to us, we know there's a high possibility that he won't come home!" 

"(S/n)...Let's just hope your dad comes home, okay?"

"..."

(D/n) silently cried at the thought of her dad not coming home. It hurts you too, but you have to be strong for your children. 

"Dad will come home, if he won't i will find him and drag him home!" (D/n) said with so much determination that it made you laugh

"Pfft- with your small body you can't even achieve that." (S/n) remarked

"I'm strong! You'll see onii-san!" (D/n) pouted

You laughed at them as they continued to argue over little things. It's mostly started by (S/n) but (D/n) doesn't want to lose to her older brother. It was just adorable. 'I swear these two argue a lot...'

As  you three finished eating, you stayed in the kitchen to wash the dishes as (S/n) and (D/n) were in the living room. (S/n) as usual, is reading a book while sitting on the sofa. (D/n) on the other hand, is playing with her toys on the floor.

After washing the dishes, you were about to walk up the stairs when the doorbell rang. 'Who would come here at this time?'  You walked to the door and cautiously opened it, you don't know if it's an enemy of Kurapika.

"Missed me?"

You froze in your spot as you recognized that voice. The voice that belongs to the person who you missed so dearly. 'It can't be...'

"K-kurapika...?" You stuttered as you opened the door widely

"Hello (F/n)." He smiled at you.

Tears started to gather in your eyes as you stared at the figure in front of you, you couldn't believe it. Just as you and your children were talking  about him, he came home the same day.

"Are you just gonna stand there and stare at me or come and give me my hug?" He chuckled as he spread his arms

Without a second thought, you dashed to him. Hugging him like there's no tomorrow. "Woah! I missed you too (F/n)." Kurapika laughed as he wrapped his arms around you, holding you tightly in his embrace.

"Kurapika you bastard! I missed you so much!" You yelled as you snuggled into his chest

"I'm sorry I was out of contact, but i'm here now. I missed you so much as well." He kissed your forehead before leaning in to kiss you on the lips.

You kissed back with as much passion. It showed how you missed each other deeply, how you two missed the  touch of the other. Pulling away slightly from you, Kurapika smiled warmly at you as tears  wouldn't stop falling from your eyes.

"Mom?"

You two pulled away from each other and faced the little girl that was looking at you two. Her cute eyes widened at the sight of her dad before smiling widely.

"Dad!" 

Kurapika smiled and spread his arms again, as (D/n) leaped into his arms. "I missed you dad! Look, i'm a big girl now!" (D/n) giggled

"Which part?" (S/n) remarked as he walked into the scene

"Dad! Onii-san is bullying me!"

Kurapika just laughed at his children's argument. He looked back at you, seeing you wipe your tears away with a smile displayed on your lips. 

"I'm gonna prepare dad  bath!" 

(D/n) cheerfully jumped out of Kurapika's arms and ran up the stairs. "I'll go help!" (S/n) stated as he quickly followed his sister. You and Kurapika silently laughed at the two, before walking inside, closing the door behind you.

"They grew up fast." Kurapika mumbled

"You were just gone for years that you didn't see them grow up." You retorted, crossing your arms.

"I know, and I'm sorry I wasn't there for you." Kurapika apologized

He wrapped his arms around you again, nuzzling his face in the crook of your neck. You blushed as he started to lightly kiss there. Kurapika was simply being affectionate that it flustered you, and he  knew it. Of course he knew, he is Kurapika after all. He knew almost everything.

"I missed you a lot, especially your cuddles when we sleep." Kurapika whispered

"You're not the only one Kurapika."

"Dad your bath is ready!"

(D/n) ran down the stairs, while (S/n) just walked casually. "(D/n), how many times do I have to tell you that you shouldn't run while going down the stairs?" You scolded 

"Sorry mom..." (D/n) apologized as tears pricked her eyes

"I just don't want you to get hurt, okay?" You sighed as you patted her head

"Okay mom."

"Just let her be (F/n)." Kurapika said as his hand  played with your hair

You looked at Kurapika before sighing. "I just don't anything bad to happen to her. But putting that aside, you should go take a bath. You stink." You said as you pushed kurapika off of you, with a smirk.

"I do not." Kurapika replied

"Yes, you do."

"Do not."

"You do."

"I'm not, but I'll take a bath either way."

"Just admit that you stink."

"No."

Kurapika quickly walked up the stairs, leaving you there laughing. 'He doesn't smell bad though..'

One thing was for sure, you were happy that he's back.