CEO! Kurapika X Secretary! Reader||Part 2

8PM. It was already evening. The sun was nowhere to be seen, while the moon was high up in the sky, stars surrounding it, making the sky seem more at peace and dangerous feeling. With the city lights out for everyone to see, more people walking on the streets, out to who knows where.

Most workers in the company already went home, some stayed to work overnight. The usual evening.

You were one of the people who stayed at the company, but unlike them, you were just finishing you work, arranging the paper works and placing it on a secured place.

As a secretary for almost 5 years now, you already know that within the business industry, there are always other companies that plants spies in Kurapika’s company. Not only is Kurapika a successful businessman, but his business also skyrocketed the moment he made his first step in the business industry.

How exactly? You may not know. It is at times hard to read the mind of a genius.

So, with all those in thought, you had requested before to have a secured place for the most important paper works. It will be a big blow if any of this papers were stolen. Kurapika might still find a way out of crisis and stood up straight once again, but with you, your capabilities might be doubted by others and so is your responsibilities.

“Miss (L/n), the boss is waiting for you at the parking lot.” Kurapika’s chauffeur voice snapped you out of your thoughts.

“Ah- Oh I’m sorry! I got lost in thought for a moment. I will be down in a sec.” You replied,

“Understood.” The chauffeur then walked out, leaving you alone in the room.

*sigh*

‘I should probably hurry up. It’s a bit embarrassing to have an almighty boss wait for me in the parking lot.’

Your pace speed up, finishing your work in no time.

Looking down on your wrist, where your wristwatch held on, your eyes widened.

“10: 35?! I was here for that long?! Wait…” You paused. “Kurapika is still waiting for me!”

You quickly stood up from your chair, shutting down your computer, and quickly picking up your bag as you hurried to the parking lot, almost falling forward, if you did not managed to balanced yourself.

Finally arriving at the parking lot, out of breath, you immediately found Kurapika leaning on his car with his arms crossed over his chest, a serious look painted on his handsome face. The moonlight slightly illuminating his feminine looks, looking more appealing then ever before.

‘Damn…, did I get sucked in into a fairy tale or something?’

“It’s already so late.” His voice rang in the silent parking lot.

“Y-yeah…I’m sorry about that. I got too focused on work that I didn’t notice the time.” You apologized, walking closer to him, sweat dripping by the side of your hair.

“The restaurant is probably closed by now.” He stated

“Ah, I see…”
‘I thought it’s open 24 hours?’

“So…*ahem* I decided on cooking myself.”

“...”

With dumbfounded face, you looked at Kurapika who has his mouth covered by his right hand, blush fanning his cheeks.

“You…will cook…?” You asked

“Yes.”

“You will really cook?” You asked once again

“Yes. Don’t worry, I practiced a lot on my cooking. I have improved.”

“No…that’s…not it.”
‘Kurapika, the almighty boss, the devastatingly handsome man, wants to cook for me?! What kind of good deed have I done in my past life?!’

“If you don’t want to, it’s fine. I have chefs at home.” A dejected expression on his face as he spoke.

“NO! I mean, sure. I would like to get a taste of your cooking.” You immediately replied.

He chuckled at your act. His faced showed delight, his eyes staring at you with softness, almost making you dizzy at how soft those gray eyes looks at you.

This man is too much! How can he unconsciously tempt you like this?! Unacceptable!

“Let’s go. It’s already this late, you might be starving.” He said.

And right then-
*Growl*
Your stomach agreed to his words.

Embarrassment spread to your face, cheeks flaring. You shifted your gaze away from him, not daring to face him at the moment.

Contrary to you, Kurapika held back his laugh, fake coughing as if to help you get you out of the embarrassment. Well…it wasn’t helping at all, instead made you even more embarrassed.

‘This must be my punishment for making him wait for so long.’

You silently cried in your head.

“Please forget about that…”

”It was adorable, but if that is what you wish, then alright.” Kurapika replied like a gentleman he is. And you were grateful for that.

You weren’t expecting much on this date, but you know for sure that wasn’t the case for the blonde beside you. He most likely have a plan in mind. I mean, who knows what he is thinking inside that intelligent brain of his.

Anger?
Business plan?
Romantic date?
Who knows.

“Are you really going to cook?” You asked again.

“Well, I admit that I am not the best cook, but at least it is edible.” A blush formed on his cheeks as he explained.

“Alright then.”

Not long after, the car stopped as you have arrived at his house. Kurapika went out of the car first before extending his hand towards you, intending to help you out of the vehicle. Accepting his gesture, you followed him out of the car, standing beside him, while admiring his house.

Kurapika was not an extravagant man, rather he was simple with a touch of elegance. So was his abode. A modern house with white painted walls and black sliding windows. There wasn’t much, but the exterior somehow showed elegance in its way.

Though this wasn’t the first time you came to his house, nonetheless, you still feel awed by it.

“Let’s go in, its already so late.” Kurapika spoke

“Okay.”

As you went in, none of the two of you spoke. It was quite awkward for a first date, well…considering that your first date happened to be in his house, then naturally it might be awkward.

You didn’t expect that your first date would be like this either, not only that, this man even wanted to cook personally! You couldn’t comprehend how this happened, but you went along with it either way. Not like you could do anything about it now.

“I’m sorry, you’ll have to wait here.” Kurapika apologized as he took off his coat.

“It’s fine, I don’t mind.” You replied

“Do you want to take a bath while I cook?” He asked.

“Take a bath here…? But I don’t have any clothes here?-”

“Don’t worry I already had the maid prepare for you.”

“Ah…then, please excuse me.”

The maid he spoke of walked out of nowhere, in her hand a full set of clothes. Kurapika went towards the kitchen as you followed the maid to the bathroom.

You were glad he had already planned ahead, knowing as you are still in your working attire. But you had one question in mind-

‘How exactly did he know my size?-’

-That…we’ll never know….

✿❦❀✿❦❀

Just in time you finished your bath, Kurapika was already preparing the table. On the table was three dishes, which made you question if you took so long in the bath.

“Oh, you’re here. Here take a seat, you must be starving.” He smiled

“Ah…thank you.” You responded, sitting on the chair he held for you.

“I hope the food is to your liking, as I have said, I am not the best cook.” Kurapika stated, sitting down in his own chair.

“It’s fine.” You gave him a reassuring smile.
‘I mean, It’s Kurapika after all.’

“Though, I feel bad that you have to spend our first date like this, instead in a restaurant.”

“Its alright.” You replied.
‘I’m the reason this happened anyway-’

“Other than that…Thank you.”

“Huh? Why are you thanking me?” You asked, confused.

Faced with your confused state, Kurapika simply smiled softly. His eyes looked at yours gently that it almost made you dizzy. This man was too much! Does he not know how attractive he is? This is an abuse to the heart!

“I’m just thankful that you accepted my invitation for a date. It means a lot to me.”

“.…Why? Is it that great? I’m just an ordinary secretary, what would you even like about me?” You asked.

Kurapika sat shocked for a while before he showed a troubled smile, slightly lowering his head.

“I may not be able to give you a plausible explanation, but it just somehow happened.” He said

“Just happened?”

“Yes, I found out that I can’t seem to get you off my mind. And whenever I think about you, happiness just fills my heart.” He laughed slightly. “To be honest, I don’t understand this either. But I don’t mind it, I may not know how it came to be, but I do know that my feelings for you are genuine.”

‘I….wow, how should I respond to this?’

“You don’t need to answer my confession right away.”

“Huh? Why?”

“Why? Hm…well,” He smiled
“Let’s strengthen our feelings, shall we?”

_________________

A/n: After such a long time I finally updated...I have no excuse except that I became busy with school works and I actually lost my drafts, though I remembered earlier that I made a back up so...

I'll probably make a part 3 of this if I get ideas, but I'm going to focus more on my other book, "Mister Vampire; I am Innocent!" Which us about Kurapika as a vampire and the reader as a human.

Again thank you KurapikaLover06 again for the lovely idea,and also for being patient with me╥﹏╥

Also to my readers who still reads my story, thank you a lot!
And to the new readers, welcome!