Not ready

Hezial's POV

I woke early in the morning but didn't see Kai next to me. I got up and did my morning routine. I wore a black sweat pant and a baby blue crop hoodie. I made the bed and wore my glasses. My eyes are not bad but, I usually wear it in the morning and in the late nights. I tied my blonde hair in a messy bun. I checked the time and it was still early. I went to the backyard of the house and saw Lea.

I walked up to her and said "hey good morning". She looked at me and said "hey Hezial good morning to you too. How was your sleep?". I smiled at her and said "good. How bout you". She smiled and said "same. Why don't you sit here with me. We can have a little girl talk". I giggled and sat in front of her. "so Hezial is it okay if a call you a something else like Haze or something". I smiled and said "of course it's totally fine".

"okay so Haze. How did you and my brother met each other?". I smiled shyly and said "well. I bumped into him at a game of his". She nodded and said "just like a television drama. Oh and why don't we go hiking today? I had already planned this yesterday but I forgot to tell you". "yeah sure. I love nature. It's so peaceful and calming".

While we were talking Kai's mom joined us. She sat next to me and said "what are you two girls talking about".

Lea laughed and said "nothing. Just about today's plan and her relationship with Kai". His mom made an Oh with her mouth and said "I guess I'm too late. Anyway Lea and Hezial come home fast okay a friend of mine is joining us for dinner". We both nodded and Leah said "okay but who?". She smiled and said "the Stewart's". I don't know them but let's see.

While we were talking Kai's voice was heard from behind. I was about to look back but he came behind me and kissed my head and said "morning love". I looked up at him and said "morning to you too". He came and sat next to Lea and he said "morning mom. And you too sis". He took his phone out and started playing with it.

While he was playing with it Lea said "Kai. I and Haze are going to hiking. You coming?". He looked at me and I smiled at him. He returned my smile and said "yeah". His answer was short and he went back on playing with his phone. It was really peaceful. His sister was playing with his hair. His mom and I were busy with a conversation. Lea and Kai's mom went inside to make breakfast. I was about to follow them when my phone rang.

Kai looked up and said" is it Mason?". I nodded and he said "can you put it on speaker?". I nodded and did so. As soon as I picked it up I head Hailey's sound. "hey honey. My phone ran out of battery but happy birthday". I smiled and said "yeah. Thank you sis". I looked up and saw Kai. He was not pleased that I hid this from him. I was broken out of my thoughts when I heard Hailey say "I know love that when ever your birthday comes it reminds you of that night. But don't you think it's time to let go and celebrate it. You deserve to be so much more happy and your letting that night keep you from celebrating your big day".

Why the heck did I put this on speaker. It's okay I'm just gonna tell him every thing. I sighed and said "look sis I'm okay. I'm fine I don't need a day to celebrate me. Birthday's comes and goes. Anyway who else knows about this". She sighed and said "no one. I called you last night to wish you but Kai picked up the phone. I told him I wanted to check on you so I did that. But tell him and do something to get your mind off of things".

I hummed and she ended the call. Once the call was ended Kai said "so?". I sighed and said " I'm sorry Kai that I didn't tell you that it was my birthday. No one besides Hailey knows about it. If possible I don't want her to know about it too. Kai I hate my birthday. I don't celebrate it. It. It reminds me of the night when-". I was cut off by him sitting in front of me and grabbing my hands.

He gave me a reassuring smile and said "listen love. I'm not pleased that I had find out about your birthday this way. I tired to surprise you on your birthday but I never got to know when it was. And I can clearly see that whatever Hailey asked you to tell me, your not ready for that. So love take you time and one day maybe tell me about it. But if you ever want to talk about it I'm always here. Hmm? ".

He just keeps giving me more reasons to love him. I was crying when he finished speaking. I was touched by how much he understands me. Yeah I'm not ready to tell anyone about that night but I'm going to tell him. It just maybe on some other time. He wiped my tears and kissed my hands.

He slowly got up and hugged me. His one hand was wrapped around my shoulder and other one was on top of my head. I was hugging his torso. "thank you Kai. For everything". He hummed and said "anytime love". Once I calmed down Kai pulled out of the hug and sat next to me. I leaned my head in his shoulder and I said "I should probably get going to help your mom and sister with breakfast".

He chuckled and said "okay. Try to stay focused on your work. You might cut yourself. On second thought stay here with me. You will cut yourself. You are not so good at cooking you know. I know you too well". I playfully pushed him and said "hey that was mean you meanie". He laughed and said "now love keep smiling like that. I love that smile more on your face than your tears".

We both shred a laugh and he laid down on my lap. I was playing with his hair while he was talking about random things. Since he was out of topics I started. After a while when I didn't get a response from him I saw that he was already sleeping. I think me playing with his hair makes  sleeping easier for him. I looked towards the house and saw that Lea was coming back. But this time with some unfamiliar faces. Lea looked at us with a smile and said "I can't believe that idiot fell asleep on you". I giggled and said "it's okay he was just tired. I think he didn't get enough sleep last night".

She laughed and said "anyway Haze this is Paige Stewart and her older brother Richard". I smiled at them and she said "and guys that is Hezial Walker Kai's girlfriend". Richard Greeted me with a nice smile but Paige's smiled looked like it was forced. I think she is just having a bad day.

Lea and the two sat down. I looked at Kai's position and I don't think that he should be sleeping in this position for too long. I leaned down and said "Amor. Kai. Love let's go to the room". His eyes were half open and he said "nah I want to stay with you". I looked at Lea she was busy talking with Richard. I called her to get her attention and said "umm is it okay if we both head back to our room?". She smiled and said "of course. I'll call you when we are going to get going for hiking".

I thanked her and got up. Kai held my hand and got up. He was so sleepy. He put his hand around my shoulder and we both walked in. Once we reached the room he shut the door behind and said "before we sleep I have something to tell you". I nodded signalling him to continue. He sighed and said "I. L-love I".

And there is another update.

What did you guys think about this chapter.

Please let me know your thoughts on this chapter

Any favourite parts?

What do you think Kai was going to tell Hezial.

Who is this Paige. What feeling do you get from Paige.

Until next update

Stay safe 😘