Memories | Hyoga X Shun

Shun's pov

Hyoga's body lies unconscious in front of us. Shiryu just managed to break the ice coffin in which he was shut away. But he still doesn't look like he is close to waking up. He is so pale... I tear up as Seiya puts his ear against Hyoga's chest to find his pulse.

"Is he alive, Seiya?" Shiryu asks.

"Yes, but his heartbeat is extremely weak", says Seiya, getting back up. "We need to find a way to make him regain consciousness."

I look down at my friend's body. I was the only one who was there when he got sent here by the Gemini saint. But I still couldn't do anything to help him. Now I have to do what I can to get him back. Besides, time is running out. My friends and I still have a lot of gold saints to defeat within only a few hours.

"Leave him to me", I order my two friends. "And go straight to the next temple. Hyoga and I will join you once he is awake and ready to fight."

"Are you sure you can take care of him?" Shiryu asks, concerned.

"No, but I will do what I can. Now go! Quick!"

Both of them nod and we wish each other luck. As soon as they're gone, I look back at Hyoga and crouch down next to him. His skin is still frozen. The thought of him being killed by ice, which is what he controls so well, crushes my heart. More tears fill up my eyes. What can I do to to get him out of the world of the dead?

The best way to warm a body up is to make it enter in contact with another body...

I can't believe I'm about to do this. I think I don't really have a choice, but it makes me feel really embarrassed.

I don't have a second to waste. It will probably be much easier if we don't have those cold armors on. I take my bronze cloth off, and end up in my regular clothes. I hesitantly do the same with Hyoga's cloth.

Once I'm done, I take Hyoga's body in my arms and hold him as close to me as possible. I can feel his heart beat. His pulse is so weak... I have to find a better solution.

I know that it should work better if I took all of our clothes off. But I cannot imagine the embarrassing situation I'll be in if I do it and Hyoga wakes up to find us like this. Oh, screw this. He's my friend, and I don't have that much time.

I take off my shirt and then his, before hugging him with all of my strength. Doing my best to keep him against my body, I grab his elbows to wrap his arms around my neck. Then, my own arms wrap around his waist. Feeling his ever so weak pulse again gets to me and my feelings, and I bury my face in his neck as I start crying tears of fear and sadness.

|Flashback|

I sighed as I looked at the landscape through the window. Tomorrow, we would leave and go to the Sanctuary for our mission. We had no idea what was to happen. How dangerous it would be. I was probably the one who was the most scared of this mystery. My three friends seemed confident, but only I wasn't.

"Maybe it's going to be more risky than we think", I murmured.

"Maybe", Hyoga answered. He was sitting on my bed, his back laid against the wall and his arms crossed. "But you shouldn't care about it."

"Shouldn't care about it? Maybe we're going to die! We don't know what awaits us!"

"That's why you should try and be more optimistic." He got up from the bed and walked my way. He stood in front of me, his arms still crossed, and stared at me with a smirk.

"Shun, no matter how 'risky' this might be, we aren't going to die. You don't get rid of me so easily. Not only we are the bronze saints, but I also know your courage and confidence are bigger than that. You are incredible. I forbid you to pretend like you're not strong enough to survive the Sanctuary."