Unfaithful | Milo X Camus

(I'M BACK FROM MY GRAVE 🤠 it's been a while, the last oneshot I published here was in September :'D

I wrote this oneshot in like two days, I hope you like it :))

After the events of the Holy War, the gold saints were resurrected by the goddess Athena once again. As she wasn't powerful enough to bring them all back at the same time, she resurrected six of them first and decided to wait for a while before doing the same thing with the rest of them. Mu, Aldebaran, Aiolia, Shaka, Dohko and Milo were the first six gold saints to be back to Sanctuary in good health. None of them had a reason to complain: the atmosphere was pleasant now that the war was over, even though their friends weren't there yet.

But very soon after that, the Goddess of War took care of bringing the remaining gold saints back from the dead. It was supposed to be a happy event, and most of the people involved saw it that way, to Athena's delight. But a certain Scorpio saint didn't seem to be having it.

Milo wasn't always cheerful and smiling, but he wasn't an embittered type of man either. Even Aldebaran, who was sometimes made fun of for having a 'resting bitch face', was having the time of his life today. But the Scorpio put on a poker face as soon as his eyes lay on his Aquarius 'friend', Camus.

What had happened between them during their little war against Loki in Asgard had never left his mind, he had been haunted by the memory of it since his resurrection. While beating his enemy up, Milo had had other things to think about than the state of his relationship with Camus. Now that he was free from danger, he thought about it day and night. And the conclusion of all those days and nights of reflection was that he didn't want to be near Camus anymore. The Aquarius saint was a traitor to Athena and to her entire team, and he hadn't even had the guts to take his own betrayal seriously. He had come to betray the friend he had let Athena down for. A traitor and a bad friend full of nerve, that was the label Milo had ended up putting on his teammate.

He still tried to share the enthusiasm of his friend group today. Camus didn't deserve all that attention from him. But the cold warrior did notice the way Milo ignored him, and he wasn't stupid enough not to know why he did it. He accepted it for now and tried to have a good day the way his colleagues did, but he knew he would have to talk with the Scorpio saint about this Cold War sooner or later. They couldn't stay apart like this for the rest of eternity, or at least not without any clear explanations.

***

The evening came. All of the gold saints had come back to their respective zodiacal houses in the best of moods, except for Camus and Milo. Although the latter was probably in a better mood than the man he had avoided all day. The Aquarius saint had known him for long and knew that Milo was rather a night owl, which meant that, at this hour, he should be awake. He decided to take advantage of that occasion to go all the way to the Scorpio temple and talk to him seriously.

He couldn't deny he would feel a lot more comfortable if he didn't have to cross the Capricorn and Sagittarius temples to get to his destination. Luckily, Shura and Aiolos didn't show any objection and let him through without a hitch. Camus was still aware the hardest thing was yet to come, however.

"Milo?" he called after entering the Scorpio temple. He couldn't hear any noise at first, so he might need to be sure his companion was awake. There was a very small chance for Milo to be willing to have a conversation with him, but Camus knew how to insist. Both of them were more stubborn than one could expect. "It's me, Camus. I need to talk to you."

He was relieved to hear footsteps coming from a place he couldn't see behind a wall. The purple-haired saint still had this look in his eyes that would make it clear that he didn't want Camus here even if he didn't speak. "You might be the last person I want to talk to right now, Camus," he crossed his arms, "but I guess we should."