Secret | Shaina X Reader

Shaina quietly made her way home alone, uncomfortable and slightly upset. She had spent a week in the training camp in Greece, training and spending time with people she wasn't particularly close to. But that wasn't the problem. Shaina had never been the type to make friends with a lot of people.

Cassios, the man she had trained for years, had started to send her more and more signs of affection. She knew there was something more complex behind all of it. Cassios was someone who had never been into soft and cute stuff. He had always liked the roughest of everything.

But these past weeks, he had been acting strangely kind to her. He would talk to her with a tender smile and a softer voice. He would buy her things to eat when she didn't have the time to do it herself. He would make sure she was okay when she said she was feeling sick or light-headed.

His change of character was starting to make itself felt. And Shaina was grateful for how nice and protective he was to her, but it had started to make her uncomfortable and she had started to question his attitude. She was just glad he wasn't any kinder than that, or else it would have been simply awful.

Not only that, but Seiya (who was much closer to being Shaina's type) often crossed paths with her too. And that was as unsettling to her as it was to him. Shaina had had such big feelings for the bronze saint a long time ago, but he didn't feel the same. He considered her as a friend, and after her love confession, they hadn't even been that close of friends.

When Shaina's feelings for Seiya still existed, it made her awkward to be too close to him, simply because her love wasn't reciprocal. Now that time was over for a while, but the brown haired boy still had the memory of Shaina's heartbreaking confession engraved in his mind.

Even after all of that was over, the two felt strange about the idea of being friends and acting like that moment had never happened. And now they were avoiding each other as much as they could, but them both being saints and fighting for the same goddess made it quite difficult.

Every now and then, she would catch him giving her friendly eyes. She didn't know if he did that on purpose. Maybe he was just trying to tell her that even though they had put distance between them, there was no bad blood from his side.

The two boys' attention signs had done it, and Shaina was glad to finally be able to go home to Italy. Breathing in and out, she was starting to relax slowly. But then the thought of going through the same thing next week went through her mind, and the green-haired girl just sighed sourly.

"I just want to be alone and talk to no one for two days", she thought to herself. As she finally got to her small house and was 100% sure to be alone, she took off her mask. Little did she know, even at her home, she wouldn't be alone. Not today.

She put her mask down somewhere random in the house before going straight to her bedroom. If there was one thing she craved at this moment, it was sleep. Or at least the sensation of letting go of everything and resting on something pleasant. But as soon as she opened the door, she was stopped in her tracks and her jaw dropped.

A girl was there, on her bed, looking at her and smiling cutely. Had it been anyone else in the world, Shaina would have screamed her lungs out with anger and frustration. But she knew this girl all too well. "(Y/N)?!" she asked, smiling from ear to ear.

The other girl's smile grew even bigger. "Surprise!" she shouted, getting up and walking towards Shaina. She spread her arms, but Shaina held her in her own much faster and tighter than (Y/N) had wanted to.

"What are you doing here?" the silver saint asked. "I didn't think you'd be here in Italy on the same day I'd be home!" (Y/N) traveled a lot around the world, and was practically never even in her home country. It was a real surprise to Shaina to see her right here right now.

(Y/N) smiled and giggled. "I think I've had enough traveling everywhere for now. I've missed you and I want to stay with you for a while, so I had the brilliant idea of showing up here as a surprise for you!" the girl's mood changed quickly, and she looked Shaina in the eyes. "How are you? You didn't look so good when you first got in the room."

Shaina sighed, but kept smiling. (Y/N) was way too good at reading people, especially at reading her. "It was an annoying week", she stated.

(Y/N)'s smile dropped, and she pouted her lower lip jokingly. "Do you want to talk about it?" she asked calmly. The two girls went to sit down on the bed, Shaina looking down and (Y/N) looking carefully at her.

"Do you remember my old disciple, Cassios?" Shaina asked (Y/N).

"The Walmart Hulk? Oh yeah, you've told me about him." the young girl soon remembered Shaina had told her how that man had been getting closer to her.

"He keeps being weird", Shaina sighed. He's getting more and more affectionate to me as days pass." The Ophiuchus saint always looked embarrassed when she talked about him. That was something that helped (Y/N) imagining how pressuring it had to be being around him.

"Just how much has he changed by now?" the girl asked Shaina.

"A whole lot. He used not to care about people's feelings. Now he's... Like a regular man would be with his girlfriend." The saint looked down as she said that, playing with her own hands.

(Y/N) looked away as well for a second, and then looked back at Shaina sadly. "He still doesn't know, does he ?" she asked. The green haired woman looked at her with confused eyes. "About me, I mean", (Y/N) clarified.

Shaina shook her head. "No. I wasn't able to get a single word out about you".

To those words, (Y/N)'s first response was to spread her arms again, for Shaina to come and hug her. The two girls got closer together and held each other tight. Shaina felt at ease against her girlfriend's warm body. "Don't worry, you can take your time. Everyone doesn't have to know now."

"What would I do without you..." Shaina whispered, still as sadly. This brought a smile to the other girl's face, and the young girl broke the hug to quickly kiss her lips. "I wanted to spend the weekend home alone, but would you mind staying? I think I've changed my mind" Shaina said.

"I was planning to stay anyway, so of course I don't mind."