Their Approval | Shaina X Reader

(Here's the second request that I owe turquiose-coral ! Thank you for your patience!

And by the way, since this is a lesbian short story and we're in June, I guess this is a good time to wish everyone a happy pride month!! 🏳️‍🌈 Love y'all)

Shaina and her girlfriend (Y/N) had been spending a good thirty minutes as they were now. They were both lying in bed, in each other's arms, too lazy to do get up and do something productive. Instead, all they were doing was (Y/N)'s favorite activity, which Shaina could not deny she loved as well.

The two girls were cuddling and giving each other tons of sweet kisses. In moments like those, when Shaina was tired and a bit lazy, this was all she was willing to do. (Y/N) had to take advantage of this opportunity this time. And whenever they started to do that kind of thing, it could last a long time. It was always very hard to stop, unless they had something very important to do, which wasn't the case now.

At a certain point, however, they paused, and began to stare in each other's eyes. They now had little smiles on their faces, and no word came out of their mouths. But soon enough, Shaina's smile shrank down. Seeing that, her girlfriend stopped smiling as well. Before (Y/N) could ask what was going on, the green haired girl was the first to open her mouth.

"Can I ask you something? I'm scared it will ruin the mood, but I've been thinking about it lately..."

"Sure, what's going on?" (Y/N) asked, sitting up on the bed.

"Well..." Shaina took the same position as (Y/N). "I was thinking... You've told me a little about your parents, but you've never introduced me to them."

(Y/N) had a weird feeling in her heart, hearing her parents be brought up in the conversation. "You... you want to meet my parents?"

"Well, I don't know. That's the thing. I think that, if you've never tried to arrange something so that I can meet them, it must be because there's a reason. If you don't want me to meet them, it's alright, but... Is it really the case or am I just assuming things?"

(Y/N) looked away from Shaina, wondering how she could present things. Her parents were much too... close-minded. Or, to put it another way, (Y/N) suspected them to be homophobic. They knew their daughter knew a girl named Shaina, but they thought the two girls were only friends. (Y/N) had refused to tell them the truth after she started dating her current girlfriend.

"It's kinda complicated, Shaina," she started to explain. "My parents don't know I'm a lesbian."

Slightly offended, Shaina frowned at her. "You've never told them about me?"

"I told them about you when we were still friends, before we started dating. But after we became an item, I was too scared to tell them. To this day, they still think we're best friends."

Shaina's little anger calmed down when she started to understand. "They don't want you to have a girlfriend?"

"I'm not sure. But I think it might be that. For years, they've said things that made me think they didn't like gay people. That's why I said nothing when I started to have feelings for you, or when you became my girlfriend."

"But then, shouldn't they find it weird that you're spending so much time with me? I mean, we're literally alone in my house right now, and you come over very often. Are you sure they don't even find it suspicious?"

"Oh you know, my parents have this kind of stereotypes about friendships based on the genders of the friends in question. Since we're both girls, if they knew we slept in the same bed so often, they would be like 'aw, look at them, they're very close friends!' but when they see two men holding hands in the street, they'll go 'oh, that's gay'."