Cold Pt. 3 | Hyoga X Reader

Late at night, Hyoga went back to the house where he had slept for those six years. He was carrying on his back the box containing the Cygnus cloth he had just earned. When he entered the room he shared with his closest friend, he saw her laying in her bed. 'Maybe she's asleep', he thought. So he took the metal box off his back and put it on the floor as quietly as he could.

But (Y/N) wasn't actually asleep. When she heard the light noise, she turned around and looked at Hyoga. "So you've finally gotten the cloth?" she smiled excitedly, sitting up on her bed.

Hyoga turned to her and returned her sweet smile. It looked almost exactly like it did when they first met. "Yes. I'm officially the Cygnus saint," he mumbled, seemingly less happy than she was.

"So, are you going back home to Japan tonight?" she asked.

"No. I'm going tomorrow. It's late already, and there are still some things I'd like to do first." He would certainly be able to the second thing, but the first thing was more complicated and meant more, in a way. "I think now is a good time to do one of them," he resumed. He didn't let it show too much, but fear was devouring him.

"I have something to do too," she responded, getting out of her bed. "I don't know how you might feel about it though. It's a surprise."

Hyoga's eyes widened. "You have something for me?"

(Y/N) nodded quietly, her hands behind her back. Hyoga was pretty sure she was hiding something. "I need you to close your eyes first."

Filled with fear and totally unsure what to expect, the blonde boy did as she had told him. He barely even heard (Y/N)'s footsteps approach him anymore. The girl was walking slowly, and she was not sure of herself either. But now there was no going back. She moved almost unwillingly and her lips entered in contact with his.

Hyoga's breath stopped for two seconds when he felt (Y/N)'s warm lips on him. He didn't realize what was happening at first. To think this was what he wanted to surprise her with too... But neither of them pulled away, and instead of pushing her away from him, he only pulled her closer. All (Y/N) then felt was relief.

They kept kissing for minutes, whispering discreet 'I love you's in each other's ears every now and then. They had kept those three words secret for what felt like forever. Being able to get them out of their throats while not letting go of each other felt even better and more magical than they had ever thought.

When they stopped, they decided to share a hug, and a very strong and emotional one. They were no longer friends. Now boyfriend and girlfriend.

"(Y/N)?" Hyoga​ asked. The girl looked him in the eyes. "The Galaxian Wars are tomorrow. When I leave for Japan to enter the tournament in time... Do you think you could come with me?"

(Y/N) looked down thoughtfully. She imagined herself leave with her new lover and accompany him where he needed her. She imagined herself cheer him on while he fought other saints in the infamous Galaxian Wars. That life would have been awesome. But unfortunately, she didn't know if she had a choice.

"I would love to, and I'm sure you know it," she said sadly. "But I don't know if I could leave my brother alone here. I'll have to ask him first."

"It's alright, I understand," he whispered, rubbing her hand with his thumb. "I'm going to miss you awfully if you stay."

"Even if I stay here, I will still be able to visit you sometimes, you know." At those words, Hyoga's little smile reappeared and he kissed her forehead. "Say, what is the second thing you said you wanted to do before leaving?"

Hyoga sighed. "As you know... My mother died in a ship when I was little. And the shipwreck is still out there in the frozen waters, with her body in it. I know it can be risky... But I want to see her. To visit her one last time before I go to Japan."