Chapter 15

Mika's POV

I felt my heartbeat in my ears out of excitement when the captain announces that we will be landing at the airport in a few minutes. "Gosh, I've missed my babies so much" I thought as my heart fluttered at the thought of my two little angels.

After I gathered my luggage, I took a cab home. "Home, it definitely is" I thought with a smile on my face. I was kind of disappointed when my brother notified me that they won't be meeting me at the airport, because I already imagined the small, plump bodies jumping onto me and me spinning them around with a smile on my face. I sigh and shake my head to get rid of the disappointment and silently wished that the cab driver will step on it.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't hear the driver speaking. "Huh?" I asked him as he looked at me with an annoyed look plastered on his face. "I asked where to madam" he stated again. "Oh, 209 Warwick Avenue" I replied with a slight smile, and he just nodded in reply.

I closed my eyes as another sigh left my mouth when I thought of Domenico's angry face before he left my office. I still can't believe that I allowed things to go that far. Hopefully the time home will make me forget all about him. I can't afford to grow attached to another man, least of all my boss and I certainly refuse to go through another heartbreak. "We're here" the driver said looking at me with a frown. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even realize we reached my house. "Thank you very much" I stated as I paid him and took my luggage from him, Domenico instantly forgotten when the door opened, and my kids ran outside.