Chapter 24

Domenico's POV

I was extremely upset with my mother. She was horrible towards Mika. Although she tried to appear strong, I could see that she was on the verge of a breakdown when my mother insulted and slapped her. Still I couldn't bring myself to stand up for her. I mean it's my mother we are talking about. How do you disrespect your mother for a woman who's not even your woman to start with-And in front of your fiancé as well. But still I had this nagging feeling inside that I needed to follow her and try to explain myself and make things right. Not that I had any hopes that she would even want to see me, since she's too god damn stubborn for her own good. But remembering how her eyes shone with unshed tears and lips slightly quivering, I knew I had to go to her. "Nico, did you even hear a word that I said?" my mother's harsh voice interrupted my thoughts. "Sorry mother, what did you say?" I asked. "I said that you should inform the South-African branch that they sent the wrong person here. That at Streamline we uphold certain values and that she is not the right fit for the company. Not here, not there. She should be fired with immediate effect. Imagine that gold-digging tramp must've tried to climb the corporate ladder by sleeping with you and score a father for her children. Who knows what happened to her previous husband? From my point of view I can only imagine that she left him when she started with these vile rich man catching plans of her. And you mister, you will never be seeing her again. I hope I am making myself clear." She ranted. I just sighed. "Ladies, you will have to excuse me, I need to go?" I said and without looking at either of them started to leave the room. "Nico, I swear that if you walk out that door and follow that woman, I will make sure"- my mother started saying when I angrily interrupted her. "You will what mother? Disown me? Well go right ahead, I do have my own money apart from my inheritance, which I should add you don't have any say over, right. I'm leaving to check on Mika whether you like it or not. Please leave my house and take Arianna with you" I said angrily. I left the house without taking one look back at the stunned women.