Chapter 25

Domenico's POV

After I left the house, I got in my car with my head in one place only. Mika, and how to fix things with her. I couldn't be bothered that my mother threatened my inheritance or whether Arianna decides to break all ties. My only concern now is Mika and only her. I felt a strange urge to get to her as soon as possible. Maybe it was because I knew that if I didn't see her right now, I might never see her again. One thing I learned about Mika is that she's extremely proud, and for my mother to downright call her a whore and gold-digger in front of Arianna, well let's just say she didn't take that lightly.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I almost failed to see the smoke coming from the nearby bushes next to the road. My heart started beating faster as I came to a stop. Nervously I approached the scene. I gasped as I took in Anna's wrecked car. I was overcome with panic as I rushed to the wreckage. My breath caught in my throat as I looked at Mika's unconscious body through the now broken windows. She was upside down and blood dripped from her head. The arm of the white blouse that she was wearing was sporting a huge blood stain from her elbow to her pulse, with blood dripping from her fingers. "Focus, Nico, focus" I tried encouraged myself to remove her from the rubble, but my body seemed to be frozen.

My ringing phone knocked me out of my stupor. I sighed in relief when I saw Anna's face on the screen. "Anna...Mika...Mika" I said as I struggled to get my words together. "What about Mika, Nico? What happened to Mika?" Anna asked, her voice laced with panic. "Mika had an accident. I will explain everything later. Get to the hospital, now please." I rambled. "Nico are you sure you will be able to drive, you don't sound so well" Anna responded. "I will be fine. I won't let anything happen to her. Oh and Anna please don't tell anyone, especially not mother." I said before I hung up. I approached the car carefully checking for leaks and sighed in relief when I saw none. I struggled a bit to get her door open, but after a while it budged, and I slowly lifted her out of the vehicle. "Gosh, she still looks beautiful" I thought as I gently laid her on the backseat of my car".