Chapter 2

Mika's POV

"We've reached the Ridgewater Hotel madam" the driver said in a thick accent. "Thank you" I said as I paid the driver. The reception clerk greeted with a smile. "Good afternoon madam, how may I help you?" she asked with a friendly smile. "I made a booking about two weeks ago under the name Mika Andrews" I said, feeling extremely fatigued and no doubt looked the part as well. "Well let's see" the clerk said while scrolling through the records on her desktop. "I'm sorry madam. There's no record for a booking in that name. Let me contact our sister hotel Edgewater to see if the booking wasn't made there" the clerk said and without waiting for a reply she started speaking Italian over the phone. "Well the good news is that the booking was made at the other Hotel, but I am afraid that since another client was booked in in your place a few hours ago, we have to accommodate you here. The taxi drivers usually mix up the two hotels and we have a standard agreement to accommodate clients in such instances. You look really tired, so I would recommend a room with a view on the ocean" the clerk explained. "Thank you if it was any other day I would've been extremely upset, but I really need some rest. As long as you don't charge extra it's in order with me" I replied. "No, madam. It's the same price. You actually get a 30% discount as an apology for the inconvenience." She spoke to someone behind me in Italian and a tall porter took my bags. "Follow me madam" he said.

"Would you like something to eat or drink?" he asked as he set my luggage in one corner of the room. "Yes please" I said. With a smile he handed me a menu. After two minutes of trying to figure out what the things on the menus is, I said: "Just bring me some pasta and a salad and a virgin mojito please. I don't even know what halve of the things on the menu are." The porter just smiled and nodded. He turned around at the door and asked whether he should send a maid to unpack my luggage. "No thanks. I don't like people going through my personal stuff. I'll unpack later on" I replied.

It wasn't long before a waiter knocked on the door. My mouth watered when I lifted the lid and saw the most amazing lasagna ever. The salad looked crispy fresh and the cocktail looked so refreshing. With a thankful smile I dug in. After I ate, I took a bath and decided to go and read a book by the pool. It was not long after I started reading that I got so caught in the book that the voices at the pool died down. I gasped when a wave of water hit me right in the face. "What the f-'' I was interrupted by a deep and loud laugh of a tall man getting out of the pool. "Do you think it's funny? Do you know how long it will take to dry my hair now?" I yelled angrily. The guy just winked at me and irritated I got up and left for my room. "Imbecile" I whispered under my breath while his laughs followed me.