Chapter 28

Mika's POV

"God my head hurts and why the hell is my throat so dry?" were the first thoughts that came to my mind as I struggled to open my eyes. Domenico was sleeping on a chair beside my bed. I frowned in confusion as I took in my surroundings. "What happened?" I thought as I tried to remember. Then it hit me. After Domenico's mother called me a gold-digging whore and slapped me, I stormed out and got into an accident. In a panic I shot up and touched my body trying to feel if everything is intact. The sudden movement made me feel dizzy and with a groan I laid back again. The sound seemed to wake Domenico up as he looked around the room bewildered before his eyes softened when he looked at me.

"You're awake" he said quietly. "No shit. Did you wait for me to die to celebrate?" I asked bitterly. "Now why would I do that Mika? I was sick with worry" he replied with a sad look on his face. I looked away as I was unable to look at his face. "May I have some water please?" I asked quietly. "Yeah, sure" he replied as he immediately got up to tend to my request. He placed the water on the bedside table and rearranged my pillows before he gently lifted my upper body to be in a more comfortable position. A shiver went through my body at his close proximity. "Get it together Mika. You just got out of an accident" I reprimanded myself quietly as I tried to keep my face neutral. "Are you comfortable enough?" he asked as he looked at me, his face full of concern and like an idiot I just stared at him. All coherent thoughts left my mind as I involuntarily lifted my hand to caress his face. His eyes closed as he rested his cheek in the palm of my hand and for a moment we completely forgot where we were. Someone clearing their throat brought us out of our stupor and Nico stepped away from me quickly.

"How are you doing Mika?" Anna asked while Nico passed me the water. "Slowly my love" he reprimanded when I coughed up water in my hurry to quench my thirst. He took the glass from me and started giving me small sips. Anna looked at as in amusement. "What's so funny" Domenico asked her while glaring at her. "Nothing. Just never thought that I'd see the day where I would see you getting all tender with a woman. It suits you" she replied still smiling. "Oh, I brought you something to eat and you should probably go home and take a shower" she added with a grin. He just took the food and came to sit by my side quietly eating.

"You may go Domenico and thank you both for coming" I finally spoke. "I will go yes, but I will be back. Anna will stay with you, it's not negotiable" he replied sternly, completely disregarding what I just said. "I don't want you here Domenico" I sighed in frustration to which he just shrugs. "Did you hear me? I don't want you here. Go, and don't come back" I repeated. He took my hand as he stood up. "I am going to shower, then I will come back. You are not getting rid of me this time my love. Anna please look after her well" he said as he kissed my hand before he left. I just sat there too stunned to speak.