Chapter 10

Mika's POV

I decided to get out of the shower and face the wrath of Anna. "What are your plans with her Nico? She's a good woman and even though I love you, I know how you are with women. Do you plan on disposing of her once you've had your fun? Do you plan on sending her back to South Africa as a broken woman? I saw how she looked at you and I know that look. You're going to hurt her. Why do you always have to think with your dick?" Anna ranted.

"Stop! You will watch how you talk to me. First of all, she's a grown woman. Second, I won't hurt her on purpose. Thirdly, even though I still don't know what this is or where it's going, I do know that I like her. I like her a lot, goddamnit. I just know that I'm going to regret it if I don't give us a chance." Domenico replied. I gasped when I heard his words and decided to stay hidden for a while longer.

"And what are you planning on telling your current girlfriend? Do you think she will just accept this? You know how mean Arianna can be, she will make Mika's life a living hell! And how are you going to explain to mom that you decided to go against the plans of the family to secure our future for something temporary? How will you treat her kids? You do realize that she's a divorcee with two kids, do you? Or have you conveniently forgotten about that?" Anna asked again.

"Damnit Anna! I don't have all the answers. Quit bugging me. I haven't had time to think any of this through. And as for the family's future, don't you worry about that" Domenico said as he ran his hand through his hair.

"I've had enough! I'm leaving. And if either one of you ever comes close to me, I swear I won't be responsible for my actions. Domenico, thank you for telling me that you are practically engaged to another woman. Anna, thanks for inviting me over, for future references please tell people to their face if you have a problem with their marital status or the fact that they have kids" I said, my anger evident in the harsh tone of my voice.

"Mika wait! I'll take you home, you don't know the area, anything can happen to you." Domenico said as I walked towards the door. "I'd rather die than get into a vehicle with either one of you" I said as I closed the door with a loud bang behind me. Tears rolled down my face as I walked the unknown road.