Chapter 6

Mika's POV

My fist week at work went relatively smooth. Between working myself half-past dead and the longing for my children, I almost cried myself to sleep every night. My phone rang and I smiled when my kids' faces popped up on the screen. "Hey mom? We miss you a lot. When are you coming home?" Lilly asked with a sad look on her cute face. "Mommy will be coming home soon. Where's Lyle?" I asked when I didn't see him. "He went fishing with uncle. I'm baking cookies with grandma. I'm gonna keep some for you for when you come home" Lilly said again. "Sure angel. I can't wait. See how I'm drooling already" I said as I wiped the imaginary drool from my face. Lilly giggled and her laugh send another ache through my heart. "Mom, you look pretty. Where are you going?" Lilly asked as she looked into the screen questioningly. "Mommy's going to a get-together. Some of the people I work with are having a small party to welcome me" I replied. "Okay mom. Enjoy...Are you gonna call me later?" Lilly asked. "Yes of course sweetheart. Stay sweet okay and give a kiss to Lyle. I love you" I said with a smile. "Bye mommy. I love you more" Lilly said while blowing me a kiss.

I looked in the mirror once more and smiled. I looked pretty like Lilly said. The silk blouse covered everything it had to, and the blue high waist jeans fitted like a second skin. I kept my hair in its natural curls and only applied some light make-up. I picked up my shoulder bag and went to the foyer to wait for Anna. Anna was already waiting when I entered the foyer. "You look stunning as always. If my brother were to attend, he wouldn't have kept his eyes off you" she said as she gave me a quick peck on the cheek. "Your brother won't be attending?" I asked seemingly uninterested, but deep down I felt disappointed. "No, he went to see his girlfriend as she calls herself, but to him she's nothing but a booty call. My brother is a serial player" she said as she sighed. She babbled on the whole ride about how Domenico has a good heart but tends to think with his hormones and shuts himself off from women. The more she talked, the more I became careful of him. The last thing I needed was another man-whore.

I relaxed instantly when I saw the beautiful countryside that we ended up on. "The farm is not far from here" Anna said as she looked at the smile on my face. The atmosphere was alive and jolly on the farm. Anna introduced me to everyone. There was Dimitri and his wife Elena. A young couple Filippo and Aria and a handsome guy called Luca, who I swear is in love with Anna, since he couldn't keep his eyes off her. They were quite jolly as everyone got more relaxed from the wine. Of course, Anna played some loud music that she and Filippo are currently busy dancing to. I slipped out to find a quiet place and quickly dialed my mother. "Mom. I'm at a party. I'm quite tipsy and I don't want to the kids to see me like this. Can you please tell them that I will call them first thing in the morning?" Pause. "Thanks mom. Yes, I'll be safe. Tell my babies I love them" I said as I switched off the phone. Next thing I bumped into something hard. "Ouch!" I said as I rubbed my shoulder. I gasped when I looked up and saw Domenico watching me with a smile. Without saying anything I walked past him. He grabbed my arm and held me back. "What do you want?" I asked quiet rudely. "You, amore. I want you" he said with a lazy smile. "Well I don't want you. Leave me alone. It shouldn't be hard, since you've been doing it for a week" I replied angrily. "Are you mad at me for leaving you alone to be professional? I thought you don't mix business with pleasure?" he asked with a raised brow. "Fuck off!" I said as I tried to pull my arm from his grip. "Well that's not very nice amore" he said as he pulled me close to his chest. He looked at me intensely as his hands moved from my hips to my ass. He grinded against me and I felt his hard erection poke me. I raised my arms to push him away, but he quickly grabbed my neck and kissed me intensely. I raised my arms and pulled his head closer as I gave his tongue entry into my mouth. "Mika! Mika-Ooops! Sorry guys. I didn't know you were busy. Domenico leave Mika alone. Mika, stay away from him he's bad news" Anna said pointing from Domenico to Mika. "What are you even doing here? I thought you had other plans?" Anna asked as she looked at Domenico questioningly while I looked down at my trembling hands. Without waiting for an answer, Anna grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the house.

I started to relax again when Luca took me for a dance. I unwinded and danced to the rhythmic music. "Barbeque is done!" Filippo called from the back. I kept on dancing as Anna and Elena went to set the table. "It's not nice to dance alone tesoro" Domenico said as he grabbed me by the waist. "What do you want Domenico? You are seriously spoiling my mood" I replied. "Should I answer that again? I told you that I want you. Also, you're drunk" he stated casually leaving me breathless. "Guys come eat!" Anna called breaking the tension between us, and Domenico reluctantly loosened his grip on me.

After we ate, I decided to leave since my head was spinning from all the wine that I drank. "Anna do you have a number for a cab? I have to get back to the hotel" I asked. "There's no way I'm going to allow you to get into a cab this drunk" Anna laughed as she motioned for Domenico to come closer. "Would you please take Mika home? You're the only sober one here and I think Mika had one too many" she smiled as she looked at me. "Sure. It will be a pleasure" Domenico said with a huge grin. "Keep it in your pants brother. Don't take advantage of Mika" Anna said with a reprimanding look. Domenico just smiled as he took my arm. I greeted everyone and walked with him to his black Range Rover. He helped me into the vehicle and fastened my seatbelt before he closed the door and walked back to the driver's side. Domenico put on some soft music and not long after I drifted into a deep sleep.