Till the death do them apart

I'm staring at the office door Khan slammed on my face, It was the final blow I needed. I feel something weird inside knowing he's locked with Defne but I'll make them pay.

I turn around and march towards the bedroom. I rip the dress I'm wearing into pieces.

- I'm doing this my own way.

I take off the dress and throw it out of the window. I put my hair up into a ponytail and get my own dress.

Around a half hour later Khan knock on the door. I think he was about to say something but he stops when he notices what I'm wearing.

- What happened to your dress?

I knew he would notice. The dress I'm wearing is far from the one they got me, far from traditional.
It's white but it's the only traditional thing about it.
I'm wearing a full-length fitted cape dress with a long tailed back, with a deep split over the leg reveling some of my tattoos on my shoulder and thigh.

- This is the dress you got with Handi and Dilan?
- Of course not, I think this one is more appropriate. Don't you like it?

Khan does an once over but he doesn't say anything.

- We don't have more time anyway. Everyone is waiting.

I walk in front of him back to the backyard, all the family is waiting with the new officiant.

- (Let's get over with this.)

I hear some gasps and whispers from them.

- What is she wearing?!

Mrs Deryan nearly falls, Volkan has to hold her by the arm.

Khan makes sure the ceremony is short, I'm a little airy, I can't hear a single word the officiant speaks. I replay in my head all the events that have brought me up to this very moment, so I hear someone calling my name.

- Ms Esra?
- huh?!

Everyone is staring at me expectantly.

- Esra Akinci, by your own free will do you accept Khan Karayağız as your husband?
- I do.

I answer with no hesitation. I'm looking straight to the officiant but i can sense Khan is looking at me with some surprise. Probably he thought I'd chicken up.

- Khan Karayağız, by your own free will do you accept Esra Akinci as your wife?
- I do.
- Do you have the rings?

Aylin brings the rings in a small flower basket. Khan takes the rings from her and place a kiss on her forehead. She smile at me and I wink at her.

We face each other, I feel like I'm watching myself from a distance.
Khan takes the ring and slide it into my finger, I do the same. There's no emotion, we move like a well oiled engine.

- Please sign your names here.

I check the papers, doesn't have any difference from a real license.

- With the power vested in me I declare them husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.

I glance around while his family and few guests applaud. I see many of them are far from happy with the marriage. I make sure to not lose Hakan from sight, he's going down today but before that I'll put a little show to the crowd.

Khan seems a bit uncertain about what to do, then I take the lead. I close the distance between us, Khan has his arm around my waist, my hand is on his arm. He plants just a little peck on my lips, when he's ready to withdraw I hold him to me making it longer.

I notice he gets ridge, first he doesn't move but I suck his lower lip lightly then he tightens the grip on my back a little more. I force my tongue into his mouth which opens giving me room to explore. Soon Khan is kissing me back, but before he can get more comfortable I break the kiss leaving him wanting more.
For a long moment he just stare at me in awe still holding my waist. For the first time since I met him Khan looks flushed.