Put the gun down

A few days have passed since the murder attempt in the forest. Khan keeps watching me like a guard dog, it's hard to keep any contact with victor or Zoltan with him always around, at the same time it gives me opportunities to investigate Khan.

One night during the dinner, a conversation between him and Volkan catches my attention.

- Khan, I had to postpone the last shipment. You will have to ask the customer for more time. 

Unfortunately Handi interrupts and I can't tell what they're talking about.

- You don't stop talking about business not even at dinner?

In the short time I've been here, this isn't the first time I've seen arguments between Volkan and his wife.

- Your wife and right, son. The table is no place to talk about work.

Hakan speaks and the subject is closed.

- We'll talk about this later, Volkan.

Khan agrees but he looks upset, he barely touch the food after that.

As soon as the dinner ends Khan disappears with Volkan to the office. I go to the bedroom, finally I get a chance to talk to Victor.

- Victor I need you to find out everything about this shipment.
- I'll talk to my contacts at the docks.

We have many contacts in the city port since my family run a transport company for many years. It won't be difficult to find out information about a large shipment. A short time later Victor returns with the information I need.

- Esra, they're trying to get in with a big shipment of electronics from Russia, which is obviously just a front for weapons.
- What is the problem?
- Since the inspection has changed, they are unable to dock the ship. The daily cost is huge, if they don't deliver the guns soon i imagine they will have a problem with the customer. Whoever buys this type of weapon is not usually patient with mistakes.
- Very well Victor, this helped me a lot.
- (Now I know how to get Khan to trust me and tell me more about his business.)

I go to the office and stand by the door waiting for them to leave. Volkan is the first to leave the office very angry, he doesn't even look at me.
I open the door slowly and walk in, Khan looks no less irritated than Volkan. When he sees me standing by the doorway he startles.

-Esra, what are you doing here? 
- I left the bedroom a little bit and I heard you two arguing.
- You are a little far from the bedroom.

I look down at my hands. I have to make him think I overheard something in the conversation by accident.

- Actually i was looking for you.
- Do you need anything?

Khan examines me, his eyes change, they're dark. My heart speeds up when he looks at me like that.

- Well I...

He comes out from behind the table and walks towards me. Khan walks past me and locks the door, i hear my heart beating in my ears. I turn to him, Khan is right next to me.

- I noticed you looked upset at dinner.

Khan walks towards me and I walk backwards until I find the table. I keep trying to speak but Khan puts his hands on my waist, my breath quickens, he doesn't take his eyes off my lips like he doesn't even hear what I say.

- I wanted to know if is anything wrong.
- It does. This skirt of yours is too short.

His hands go down to the hem of my skirt, his long fingers graze my skin causing goose bumps. He's clearly trying to distract me by changing the subject.