Save me

- Mr Karayağız, this is from the metropolitan hospital, Mrs Esra Karayağız was admitted to the hospital this morning, she had an accident.

As she speaks my heart sinks in my chest. I immediately run to the car.

- Khan? Khan, what happened?

My mother call after me but I don't listen anymore. I drive the faster I can, a few kilometers later a spot the car Esra drives. I can barely breath.

I stop and walk to the wrecked car on the side of the road, it's obviously empty. I'm not sure what I was expecting to find here.

Just beside the car abandoned on the ground I find a bracelet, i recognize it as the bracelet Esra is always wearing, it must be important to her.

I cut back to the car and drive at full speed to the hospital. All the way I hold the bracelet tightly inside my hand. When I get to the hospital, I run to get information.

- Please, Esra, be alright. Please...

[Esra POV]

I open my eyes and move slowly, the nurse rushes to help me.

- Don't move, let me help you.

My ribs ache, I reach through the bandage on my forehead.

- I'll call the doctor to let she know you woke up.

The nurse leaves, i hear a noise coming from outside. Sounds like an argument. When she comes back, the nurse looks worried, for her face I know it has to do with me.

- What's happening outside?
- Your husband is here.
- My husband?
- They're trying to calm him down before he comes to see you.
- (Calming Khan down? Impossible.)
- It's ok, let him come in.
- Are you sure?

I decide to let Khan in before he destroy the hospital or hurt someone

- Yes, you can tell him to come in.

A few seconds later she come back, Khan follow her inside, he rush to my side.

- Esra, what happened?

He looks extremely upset. The nurse stands by the door watching him, Khan throws a menacing glance at her.

- Don't worry, I'll be fine.

I try to reassure her I can handle him, she is still reluctant but eventually leaves.

- Why were you threatening the hospital staff?
- I was not. They didn't allow me to see you.
- Khan I heard you, the woman was terrified.

He doesn't seems to feel guilt at all.

- I had to see you.

After a long pause Khan looks more terrified than angry.

- Esra, I didn't know where you were, I went to my mother, they called me from the hospital, I saw the car...

His voice cracks, Khan can't finish the sentence.

- You followed me?

He just look at me, I know he found out about his mother. Khan put his hand on mine and squeeze it but I take it back. The doctor comes in.

- Mrs. Karayağız, I'm happy to see You're awake. How are you feeling?
- I have only some pain on the ribs, nothing else.
- I want her to take every available exam.
- Khan... I'm fine.

I try to stop him but Khan ignores my words.

- She hurt her head, that could be dangerous.
- Khan...
- I know you must be worried Mr. Karayağız, but we're taking care of your wife. She doesn't have any serious injuries, we're just going to keep her under observation for a while. She may have dizziness and a little headache. She better rest for a few days and then everything will be fine.
Get some rest, I'll be back soon. You can call me if you feel anything.