Drawn to you

Almost a month has passed, we've worked together to gather evidence against Hakan, finally, we're close to proving he has a hand in trafficking and prostitution.

As the days go by I'm getting closer to my father, it's still strange a team formed by me, my father, Khan, and a detective.

The day of the divorce hearing arrived, I didn't even have time to think about it, but now I'm sitting in the courtroom waiting. Khan hasn't shown up yet, only his lawyer is here.

Every minute I get more anxious, I see Khan's lawyer pacing impatiently. My lawyer also looks apprehensive.

- "What happens if he doesn't come?"

I ask the lawyer.

- "We have two alternatives, reschedule the hearing, which can take months, or start the process without one of the parties, which can take years."
- "No way, he has to come. I will end this today."
- "For that to happen, your husband will have to show up."

I get up determined to find Khan. I pick up the phone and call him who answers after several rings.

- "Where are you? Did you forget about the audience today?"
- "I'm at the club."

Khan answers in a calm voice as if nothing is happening.

- "What do you mean at the club? Khan, this hearing was scheduled weeks ago."
- "I have things to do, as soon as I finish I go to the courtroom."
- "No!  What can be so important?"
- "I heard that the police will carry out an operation today at the club, they will gather the latest evidence against Hakan, I want to be here."
- "Have you lost your mind?  You can get arrested too."
- "Sorry but I have to hang up now."
- "Khan, don't you dare... Khan?"

He hangs up the phone. My lawyer is apprehensive looking at me.

- "What happened?"
- "I'll be back soon, I'll bring him here."
- "How? We don't have any more time, the judge will start soon. If you are here we can start the process without him."
- "I won't wait years for a divorce."

I leave the court and go to the club, I figured Khan was going to make trouble.
I arrive at the club that is still closed to clients. I see one of Khan's men sitting at the bar.

- "Where is he?"

He almost jumps off the bench when he sees me.

- "Mr. Karayağız is in the office."

I march into the office willing to drag him out of here. I burst the door open, Khan is surprised to see me.

- "What is your problem? All you have to do is go to court."
- "I'll go as soon as this is over."

He sits at the table with his arms crossed.

- "We've taken care of everything, you don't need to stay here!"

He gets up from the table, comes to me, and takes me by the arm.

- "Do you want to stop screaming? Someone could hear."

I stop and take a few deep breaths, he's right I can't talk about the operation out loud or I can ruin everything, but I'm still mad.

- "Let me go!"

I try to break free, but Khan keeps holding my arm.

- "Will you calm down?"
- "I'll calm down when you go through that door."
- "I already told you I'll go as soon as this is over."

We managed to work together for several weeks ignoring the tension between us. I just want to get rid of him, but I have to admit that being so close to Khan still affects me.