Till the death do them apart II

I open my eyes slowly, there's smoke and shattered glass everywhere. I try to unbuckle my belt, the pain makes me grunt.
I look around there's no one, no sight of the car or the motorcycles. Khan is passed out by my side. My mind is foggy, I'm still confused about what to do.
I reach out to check his vitals, the breathing feels normal but the pulse is low. Khan is alive but I don't know if he's hurt.
I check myself, besides the pain in my wirst everything seems normal. Khan starts to move slowly, he moans and squirms until he opens his eyes with difficulty. As soon as he is conscious he looks at me.

- Are you hurt?

His voice is weak, he holds the ribs when trying to move.

- No, i don't think so.
- We need to leave, they may come back to check if we're alive. The cops will also be here anytime.

Khan unbuckle his own belt and leave the car, before I follow him I see the glistening of his pistol on the car floor. Carefully I check if he's watching, he's not then I hide the gun with me.

We walk a few meters to get away from the car, my heels don't help much I stay a little behind. I could shoot Khan now, anyone would think the men who ambushed us did it. But I don't do that, if I do it will be looking into his eyes.

Finally after several minutes walking Khan takes his phone and his men to bring a new car. It doesn't take longer to them.
After explaining the situation to his men, they leave. Khan hops in the new car but I stay put. He notice I'm not getting with him into the car then he walk back to me.

- What are you doing? This is not the time for shit fit
- I'm not getting murdered with you.
- If you don't want to get murdered get in the car now.
- I said, I'm not going with you.

I draw the pistol and aim it at Khan, his eyes widen in surprise but he soon recovers.

- What do you think you're doing? Give me this gun and get in car before you do something stupid.

Khan take a few steps getting closer to me but i take step backwards keeping some distance.

- This ends right here, I'm not scared of you.

Khan laughs and ignores my threat, he doesn't take me seriously.

- What you gonna do? Are you going to shoot?

Khan closes the distance and holds my hand pressing the pistol against his chest. He's not laughing anymore his blue eyes are dark like the night sky.

- I told you if you ever point this again at me again you better shoot.

Then I yank my hand away from his grip and shoot, we stare at each other in surprise. This was not in my plans, Hakan should die not Khan.

Khan staggers with his hand pressed to his chest. I walk away as he drops to his knees on the floor.
His shirt is soon soaked with blood, I run to the car to get away.

I take some distance always checking the mirror, Khan is still kneeling on the road. At this very moment I hear syrens on a distance.

- Fuck, Esra. What are you doing?

I slam the steering wheel over and over, the pain in my wrist gets worse making me whimper.
I check the mirror again, now I can see the blue and red lights. My heart squeeze, I'm not thinking straight.

- (What the fuck are you doing? Oh, Esra. Oh)

Then with a sudden violent movement I make a U turn back down the road. I go back to Khan and get him into the car, he can't resist and sits in the passenger seat.

- You really shoot me.

His voice is weak and painful, but it has a certain humor even some amusement.