Blue eyes blind

I shot the man who had a gun pointed at Khan, he falls dead in the middle of the room.

I don't have any reaction, I don't enjoy killing but it's not something that disturbs my sleep when it was necessary.

But Khan doesn't know that this wasn't my first time, first he checks if the man is still alive then he takes the gun from my hand and put it away.

He holds me by the shoulders looking for injuries.

- Are you ok? Are you hurt?
- I'm ok, I'm not hurt.
- We need to get out of here, there are two more of them in the forest. I followed the one who was after you.

They were after me and not Khan, it just reinforces my theories that someone wants me dead. I've been trying to figure out something else but Victor hasn't gotten anywhere so far.

- Let's go back to the mansion, there's more security there. I'll feel better if you're safe.

His revelation takes me by surprise, I start to think Khan is not one of those responsible for the attacks. Still i can't let myself fall for my enemy's son.

On the way back to the mansion Khan steals glances from me all the time, he looks really worried.
When we arrive at the mansion Mrs. Derya, Handi and Dilan are in the living room.

- Khan! Esra!  How was the party yesterday? I didn't see when you got back.

Dilan is really kind as always, the other two look at me with disdain.

- It was ok. Where are dad and Volkan?
- They are at the office.
- Thanks, Dylan. Excuse me.

Khan doesn't allow them to investigate further, he takes me upstairs.

- Where are you going?

I ask when he walks right pass my bedroom door. He doesn't answer just moves on, pulling me by the hand.

- Khan, please. You want to stop?

He pulls into his room and locks the door. Once we're inside Khan leans against the bedside table, he takes a few deep breaths. He looks flustered,  then he turns to me with a tormented face.

- He could have killed you and I wouldn't make it in time.

Now I understand, he's still upset about what happened at the lake house.

- He could have shot you too, in fact if you hadn't arrived at that time things could have been different. But I told you before. "You only die once". It wasn't supposed to be now.

Khan approaches and rests his forehead on mine.

- I remember the first time you told me that. The two of us have nearly died several times since then.

I click my tongue.

- There is no such thing as almost dying, either you die or you don't.

He looks at me in a way I don't know how to explain, with a kind of tenderness like he wants to tell me something else. Then he kisses me, this time a soft, slow kiss. He wraps me in his arms and squeezes me tightly. I feel small inside his embrace.

I couldn't resist and surrender to his touch, melting into his arms.  Khan finally releases me after a long moment.

- I'm going to the office, I need to talk to my father and Volkan, you can stay here if you want.

It's the first time he gives me a choice, I stay in his room and Khan leaves but my plans are actually different.
I wait a few minutes and go after him, I have to find out what they're talking about in the office. I try to be as discreet as possible as I listen behind the door, the conversation seems hectic. I hear Hakan's voice first.