If you don't leave

Three months have passed since the arrest of Hakan, Gani, and my uncle Alper. The trial will start in a week, but the disappearance of some witnesses puts everything at risk.The police still don't know what happened, but I'm pretty sure Hakan is behind it.
Once again when I leave the house Khan is waiting leaning against the car. He has been doing this often for the past three months.
- "I already told you that I don't need an escort, I have my own security."

He gets up and walks towards me with his hands in his pockets.

- "You don't have an appointment with the obstetrician today?"

Of course, I forgot, I always forget.

- "I would love for you to have that punctuality at the next divorce hearing."

We missed the first divorce hearing, I went to the club to take Khan to court, but things didn't go as I expected. The next hearing will be in a few days.Khan opens his car door for me.

- "I'm going in my car."

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes for a moment.

- "Esra, you won't drive."- "Of course, I will."- "If I have to carry you and put you in the car, I will."- "I'm just going to get in your car because I'm late and I don't want to waste time arguing with you."- "Please..."
Khan spreads his arms in an exaggerated gesture for me to get into the car, he turns around and gets into the driver's seat. I'm still trying to put on my seat belt, it's not so easy now that my stomach is a little bigger.Khan pulls the belt out of my hand, as he unwinds the belt from behind my seat he gets right next to me. His lips are just inches from mine, his hands graze my skin as he fastens the belt. I smell his scent which seems even stronger now that I'm pregnant.

I try to disguise my red face and my slightly labored breathing. Then he goes back to his seat and fastens his own belt.

All the way, Khan keeps his eyes on the mirror, always checking that we're not being followed or that there's no strange movement. He's convinced I'm still in danger.A few minutes later we arrive at the clinic where I will have an appointment.Khan watches carefully as the doctor performs the exam, when the baby's heart sound echoes around the room he smiles.

- "Do you want to know the sex?"- "Can you see it yet? But it's so small."
Khan looks at me anxiously as if waiting for my decision.

- "Yes, I want to know."- "Ok, here we go... You'll have a boy, congratulations!"

Only now do I realize I'm holding Khan's hand tightly.

- "I'm going to father a boy..."

Khan smiles emotionally, it's unbelievable to think how far we've come since we met less than a year ago.

- "Do you already have a name?"

The doctor asks, we share a look not knowing what to say.

- "No, I think I'll want to meet him first."

I reply to the doctor who smiles.

As we're leaving the office my phone rings, it's Zoltan. He never calls me if it's not something important.

- "Esra, where are you?"- "I'm leaving the doctor's office, did something happen?"

He is silent for a long moment.

- "Zoltan, did something happen to my father?"- "No, Oktay is fine. It's your uncle, he was attacked in prison."

Khan realizes something is wrong, he helps me into the car.

- "Esra, what happened?"

I just look at him still trying to understand what Zoltan is telling me.

- "Did he survive?"- "Unfortunately not."- "It was Hakan, wasn't it?"