Ride or die II

[Esra POV]

When I wake up the sun is already high in the sky, I stretch slowly until realization hits me hard. I look around and remember where I am.
I spent the night with Khan in his bed, I still feel his presence in my body, his scent on the sheets but he is nowhere to be found.

His clothes are still strewn around the room, every piece I find reminds me what we did last night. I put on his shirt and walk out of the room, I follow the sound coming from the kitchen. I find Khan only in sweatpants cooking something.

When he notices my presence he looks back at me.

- What time is it?
- Almost 11am. I was about to wake you up.

I don't know what to say, I think Khan can see but he's calm. I watch him move around the kitchen, he looks so domestic. It's weird and at the same time a good sight.

- You want coffee?

Khan puts the coffee mug in front of me.

- Thank you.

I sit at the counter to watch him drinking my coffee.
From the stove Khan looks back at me at the counter, he has a funny look in his eyes but he doesn't say anything.

-  Is this a problem for you? I can't remember if it's against the rules.

He turns his attention to the stove and answers without looking at me.

- You can sit wherever you like.
- How lucky I am! So much freedom.

Khan approaches, he place his hands on the counter on either side of my legs. I stop breathing for a moment when he gets this close.

- Don't you think it's too early for your  insolence?
-Don't you think it's too early to start dominating me?

Khan doesn't answer but smirks as if remembering something. He glance down taking in my body wearing just his shirt. I see something in his eyes, I've seen that look before, he smiles at me and then turns around going back to the stove.

- Can you put the dishes on the table, please?

I jump off the counter and head towards the shelf.

- "Please?"! We are evolving in good manners.

Kha stops me midway and pins me against the fridge.

- If you want us to finish this meal, you better stop teasing me. 

He looks right into my eyes, it's threat but the danger is different now. My heart skips a beat but before I can answer he lets go of me. For a few seconds I just blink without knowing what to do. His voice wakes me up.

- Esra, the dishes.

I grab two plates from the shelf and take them to the counter.

- Scrambled eggs with tomatoes? I can't remember the last time someone cooked this for me. It was my father's favorite food.

I smile at the memory only then I realize what I just did. My smile immediately disappears. Khan looks at me not understanding the sudden change. It's the second time I've revealed something personal to him.  I don't talk about my father with anyone, but I told him.

- You were very attached to your father, Weren't you? I remember my father talking about him but I didn't know him.

I swallow hard, putting Hakan and my dad in the same sentence is a hard limit for me. I lower my eyes and dig into my food to hide my anger.
Realizing this is a touchy subject Khan lets this go. We ate the rest of the meal in silence.