Caught in a Lie

Yeji's POV

It was our last day of the trip and we were to leave early morning the next day. I wake up to find a letter lying infront of the closed door as I could make out that someone slipped it in.

I opened the envelope and it was a notice.

Hi there!
Sunshine amusement park.
Organised fair with best offers and exciting discounts.
Games+ rides+ food. What are you waiting for? Get ready for the annual celebration of Sunshine amusement park.
Five minutes walk from HopeWorld resort. We look forward to your presence from 13'th September to 15'th September.

Oh wow! I love amusement parks. I had to definitely tell Taehyung about this. It's the first day today and our last day here so we could surely enjoy.

I saw him move in his sleep and rushed to him.
"Tae!!"
"Mmhmm,, what is it baby? Why are you shouting?" He asked in his deep morning voice.

" It's our last day here. Look at this! Amusement park!" I said as I raised the notice up in the air for him to see only to be met with a snoring Tae.

"Yah! How can you sleep within a second?" I pat his arms and move him.

" Don't you know it's considered a crime to stop someone from taking their beauty sleep?~" his words faded away as he feel asleep again.

I removed the pillow which he hugged and the pillow he rested his leg on.

"Ah such a torture. You're such a heartless woman Min Yeji." He growled as he sat up.

" What is it?" He asked while rubbing his eyes.

"Amusement park! Look at this." I raised the notice.

"So?"

"Taehyung it's our last day here, let's enjoy!" I whined and he rested his arms on his thighs and his head on his palm.

"Enjoy? Weren't you here to rest."

" Ahh please! Enjoyment in my life has become a total history now."

" Ok" he said and stared at me.

" What? Don't you know it's rude to stare at someone?" I shot back.

"But I ain't even staring at you, I am just wondering how can a person be so beautiful even after not completing their beauty sleep."

What? I threw a pillow at him and he fell back on the bed.

"Do you have an idea what you're saying."

"No because I am sleep~"

" Hey no you can't sleep" Yeji said as she hovered over him, tickling him. The room filled with laughter as the duo did a tickle-fight.

~

It was almost evening and I dressed up and looked for Taehyung who was busy packing.

" Don't you wanna go?" I asked as he looked up.

"I am just reducing the work stress for tomorrow morning." He stated and I raised an eyebrow.

" Look who is saying it. Someone who doesn't even keep his desk organised at office."

"What did you say? You will stay still right there."

" No I won't" I said as I made a run for the elevator which was coming to my floor.
"Shit." I ran to the elevator as I saw Taehyung struggling with the lock of the room. I couldn't help but giggle.

I suddenly felt a strong grip around my wrist as the person doing so, turned my whole body around, grabbing me by my waist and pinning me to the wall.

My breathing got heavier as he leaned close to me or to be precise, my lips.

The next moment I felt a moist and soft sensation of my lips as he kissed me. I found myself kissing him back and we broke apart from the lack of oxygen between us.

"Now that was your punishment for insulting your boyfriend." He smirked and I pressed my lips inward to suppress a smile.

That was not even close to a punishment.

" I must say, stairs are better than elevators." He added softly and I smiled as we walked down the stairs and then to our destination.

It was truly amazing with all the lights, rides and the street food.
We tried different rides and for that one day I felt like I was myself as I enjoyed to the fullest.

I found Tae staring at me occassionally and I asked the same question everytime like I did In the morning.

I saw him laughing more often than before from the time we came here. It seems like this was a much needed break for both of us and a time when we get to be ourselves with each other and enjoy.

This was the best moments of my life. And I could proudly say that I have The Kim Taehyung as my boyfriend and future husband.

"So should we get back? It's getting late." He said and I nodded as we walked hand-in-hand towards our resort.

"I love you." He spoke suddenly and I smiled

" Won't you reply?"

" Words or actions"

" Oh baby I am the action type person." He said and leaned forward as he closed his eyes and did a pout.

I pressed my lip inwards to suppress a smile as I leaned forward and kissed him on his cheeks.

He shot opened his eyes as he distanced himself from me giving me a gloomy face look.

I laughed at his childish behaviour and and I held his arms tightly while walking ahead until I noticed something strange which made me halt in my actions.

My eyes widened as I realised what it actually was.

"Taehyung" my voice was shaky as I kept looking staight.

"Yes?" He turned his attention towards me.

"My-" I raised my finger to point it to the respective direction. I couldn't think or process what was going on.

The last words were almost a whisper, "My- My brother....."