Save Me

Seoyeon's POV

With terribly shaking hands, I held the Betadine bottle, took an amount on a cotton pad and applied it on the wound.

Taehyung was lucky that it didn't hit his heart or any rib and so was I.

"Forceps." I spoke lightly as the next second, the instrument was in my hand.

I used it to steadily pull out the bullet but it didn't move an inch.

I tried with a bit more force placing my finger to support it. I tried the third time, the fourth time followed by more.

I could hear Doctor Kang yelling from outside as minutes before she was kicked out of the room for disturbing me with her witch-like-voice.

The bullet was almost out and I was drenched in sweat. One last soft pull and it was between the sharp edges of the forceps, I put it steadily on the metal plate and let out a sigh.

Now all that was left was stitching and the only thing I was scared of right now was haemorrhage.

I took the needle and forceps and I stitched his wound tying a knot after each stitch. Finally as the whole wound was stitched, I proceeded to do an x-ray to check the injuries in his limbs. Nurse Choi had already dressed his head wound.

We were about to shift him when I heard a slight beep in the monitor.

"Doctor, it's haemorrhage but minor." Nurse Choi stated and I looked up to see the monitor beeping even louder.

" Cardiac arrest. Prepare the AED." I said and just then a girl opened the door and dashed in with teary eyes.

Our eyes met for a second and it looked as if she was pleading me to save the patient no matter what. My eyes didn't leave her but I eventually focused on the defibrillator.

"Least. 150 joules. Shoot." I said and place one on the right side of his chest  and the other slightly below his left chest.

The monitor was still beeping.
"200 joules. Shoot" I said and did the same thing once again. But his heartbeat was still not restored.

I sighed and closed my eyes for a second. "300 joules."

"Doctor-" the nurse tried saying something but I stopped her.

"- just do as I say. Please."

"300 joules, shoot." She said and I did the same thing once again.

A sigh of relief escaped my mouth as his heartbeat was seen restoring.

"Doctor Lee, you are needed in the chairman's office." I heard a voice outside and stood up angrily.

" I will treat the haemorrhage doctor. You must go." Nurse Choi said and I nodded before leaving.

~

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING DR. LEE!"

"I was saving the life of a patient sir." I said as I looked straight with a neutral look on my face.

" DID YOU.... DID YOU JUST ANSWER BACK?!!!"

" I was just answering the question you asked me sir."

" HE IS A VIP FOR GOD'S SAKE. WHO THE HELL GAVE THE RIGHT TO A JUNIOR DOCTOR TO PERFORM A SURGERY ON SUCH A PERSON!"

" It wasn't a surgery sir. I didn't put a knife on his body. Nor did i perform any incision. It was just a simple operation."

" COULDN'T YOU WAIT FOR THE SENIOR DOCTORS TO ARRIVE?!"

I was loosing my patience now.

" LISTEN TO ME YOU WORTHLESS THIRD PLANET CREATURE. It is not my problem that your 'doctors' were busy with filling their stomach. But my patient would have died if I didn't operate on him. And I don't feel the need to explain such things to your pathetic ass who doesn't even know the difference between an operation and a surgery. Your hospital would have gone down the drain if that person died here today without any medical attention. So you are to be a bit grateful towards your fellow doctor and nurses."

With that being said I turned around and walked out not giving a damn about the man shouting my name.

~
At the caféteria

"So you are saying you said all those to the chairman?!"

"I don't know Sora. That man was just eating up my head with trash questions. I just did what I had to."

Sora: " Is there any chance that he'll take away your job?"

Seoyeon: " Let's laugh at this cause I know he won't. The other day he went to my brother and asked my hand in marriage but came back with savage replies from him."

I looked at Sora who was looking behind me and I turned back to see the chairman walking towards me.

" Dr. Lee. I am sorry for what I did. I shouldn't have done it. But what you did was wrong and I have a pride. I can't ignore this matter but I can't let you have any disadvantage too."

He sighed before speaking again.

" Have dinner with me. Let's sought this matter out." He said but I didn't do anything.

A second later I faked a smile.

"Doctor! The patient is behaving abnormally, he has returned to his senses."

" Nurse Choi can't you see she's on break-"

He stopped mid sentenced as I pushed him off my way and he landed on the nearby chair. Sora tried her best to suppress a laughter but it didn't help. She along with few other doctors and nurses present nearby burst into laughter.

"DO YOUR WORK." The chairman shouted and everyone went silent.

But that was only until he left. The laughter started again when he was completely out of sight.

~

I saw Nurse Han struggling with him.

As soon as he saw me, he stopped and sat back on his bed.

I went and stood beside him with a strict look on my face which didn't normally have.

"Kim Taehyung" he spoke softly.

"I know"

A/N:

I am sorry for not updating for a while, I had to do some changes to my draft which is still ongoing, so I will have to give a filler chapter here. 🙁 The story will resume soon.

Vote please!