Chapter 18

The moment Yesh and Quint arrived at the night market, Yesh quickly got off the car and ran like a kid towards the stalls. Quint shook his head as he quietly followed her.

"What do you want to eat?" Quint asked as soon as he caught up to Yesh who's busy looking at the foods that are being sold.

"Hmm, barbeque? Atay? Isaw? I don't really know kung ano kakainin ko." Yesh commented and Quint raised an eyebrow as he looked at her with disbelief.

"Really? I mean, I did hear that some girls are like that pero, discovering that you're like that while choosing food as well is a shocker." He commented and Yesh just shrugged her shoulders as she continued to think what to eat.

"Dalawang order ng lahat manong." Sambit ni Quint at kumuha ng pera mula sa wallet niya.

"Gusto mo bang mag kanin? Meron don." Pagpapatuloy ni Quint habang nagbabayad.

"Nope. I-try na lang natin lahat ng tinda dito." Sagot naman ni Yesh.

"Alright. Food trip it is."

Yesh sighed in contentment as she sat on the passenger's seat.

"Shit, naparami ata ang kain ko." Komento niya ay tinawanan naman siya ni Quint.

"Naparami talaga, hindi ata." Quint commented and Yesh just puckered her lips.

"Drive slowly. Hindi na ako mag si-seatbelt. Ayaw kong maipit ang tiyan ko, baka mapasuka ako sa kabusugan." Aniya at Quint just answered with 'roger' before starting to drive.

Both of them lit a cigarette as they both remained silent during the whole drive. It's a comfortable silence so they both didn't try to break it.

As soon as they arrived in front of the house, Yesh went out of the car and waited as Quint parked the car inside the parking.

When Quint finished parking the car, they both went inside.

"You can sleep in my room. The security of that room is the highest, so you can stay there. I'll sleep in the guest room beside it." Quint said and Yesh just hummed.

"I'm feeling sleepy." Yesh commented as they both walked up the stairs.

"Then sleep." Quint answered and Yesh just snorted.

"Wow. Thank you for stating the obvious." Pagtataray ni Yesh sa binata at nagkibit balikat lang naman si Quint.

"Good night. See you tomorrow." Yesh said as she reached the front of her room.

"Good night. If someone knocks, don't open the door." Paalala ni Quint kay Yesh.

"Yes sir." Yesh saluted at tumaas naman ang sulok ng labi ni Quint dahil dito.

As soon as Yesh entered the room, kaagad siyang nagtungo sa banyo. Nilabhan niya yung damit na suot niya, then she took a quick bath as well.

She then just wore a new robe from Quint's closet before drying her hair. After drying her hair, humiga na siya sa kama at pumikit.

Yesh yawned as she slowly opened her eyes. She groaned as she turned to her side and saw that the time is only four in the morning.

Gusto pa niyang matulog pero hindi na siya inaantok. Sanay kasi siyang gumigising ng ganitong oras. Usually, she would read after taking a bath in the morning, while having her breakfast. Then she would go to work.

Yesh sat on the bed and stared at the wall in front of her for a few seconds before standing up and stretching her body.

She then took a quick shower afterwards and wore a pair of Quint's boxer and t-shirt from his closet. They will be leaving Batangas this afternoon, so she planned to just wear the clothes that she washed yesterday for later.