Chapter 41

Quint let go of Yesh when he heard her stable breathing. She continued to push him away while she was crying until she fell asleep. 

He didn't want to let this woman go. She's his. She cannot leave him. He would never allow her to leave. Even if it means that she would come to hate and despise him.

Quint let out a frustrated sigh as he started the car. He glanced at Yesh, who looked tired and haggard before he started driving.

Quint knew that he made a mistake. But even if he did, he wouldn't let her leave. 

When Quint arrived at his house, he parked the car and looked at Yesh for a couple of seconds before he sighed. 

She can't just leave me like this.

Quint went out of the car and made his way towards the passenger's seat. Then he gently lifted her up and carried her inside his house. 

He tried his best to not wake Yesh up. Because he knew that she would want to run away again. She can't run away from him. He's willing to lock her up, if it means that she'll be by his side.

Nang makaakyat siya sa kwarto niya ay marahan niyang inilapag si Yesh sa kama. Then he took his phone out from his pocket as he walked towards the door to leave the room.

Nang makalabas siya ng kwarto ay idinial niya ang number ng kaibigan.

"What do you need, Schmidt?" He heard Daemon's voice as soon as his friend answered his call.

"Man, how do you make a woman stay? You're the one who's married for the longest time. Give me a tip. I need help." Tanong ni Quint at ilang segundong natahimik si Daemon bago ito nagsalita.

"Buddy, you just need to treat her right." Daemon answered and cleared his throat. 

"Why? What did you do?" Tanong ng kaibigan niya at bumuntong hininga naman siya.

"I called her Ivy and kitten." Panimula ni Quint.

"Look, in my defense, she said I called her Ivy when I was half-asleep. I don't even remember calling her Ivy. Then when I called her kitten, that was seriously my mistake. I just, I saw her in a white dress, you see? Ivy's image flashed in front of you eyes, man. I didn't mean to call her that way. She's my schatz, you know. Then she said that last night, I called her Ivy again while I was drunk. Dude, I don't remember. I know that I drank the whole day yesterday because I was so afraid that she'll choose to leave. I remember drinking like a crazy bastard, but I don't even remember calling her. But I did call her. I saw it in my call logs when I woke up. Pero hindi ko talaga alam na tinawag ko siyang ganon." He was panicking as he told Daemon what happened at malutong na minura naman siya ng kaibigan niya.

"Tarantado ka pala eh. Sinong babae ang hindi masasaktan diyan sa padali mo?" Rinig niyang tanong ni Daemon kaya naman napasandal siya sa pader.

"Dude, hindi ko nga sabi tanda maliban doon sa tinawag ko siyang kitten." He answered back at his friend and he can hear Daemon's frustrated sigh.

"Imagine this, Schmidt. Dahil mukhang ayaw mong ipasok diyan sa kokote mong sa tanda mo o hindi, nakasakit ka." Panimula ng kaibigan niya.

"Imagine Yesh calling another man's name in her sleep habang kayong dalawa ang magkasama. Imagine her calling you with another man's name. Imagine her calling you with an endearment that you knew was for another man. Just imagine. Try to visualize that, you fucking moron." Kumunot ang noo niya sa narinig niya sa kaibigan.

He can feel his blood boiling. Parang may biglang nagliyab sa kaloob-looban niya and he wanted to beat the man in his imagination.

"Ano? Nagpupuyos ka na ba sa galit? Masakit?" Sarkastikong tanong sa kaniya ni Daemon.